Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

I have Zero Full Marathoning experience but what Eric said is how I approach a Half. The first half should feel pretty darn easy. Continue even splits until 5k left and hammer it with all you got. It’s all a gamble. You might run out of gas but you might not. So for me it’s a slower first mile or two and then I’m on target pace. I would probably do the same for a FM when I run one some day.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

On my third (and last) marathon, I was going for sub 3:10, but at around 4 miles I realized it wasn't easy enough. I dialed back to a more comfortable pace that would give a 3:12. I'm happy I took that decision, as I got a 3:13 that day, even if I lost about a minute due to calf cramps. I'm sure I would have done way worse than that if I would have tried to hold on to target pace.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my run/walk at Fort Sam this morning and got stopped by an MP, lol. I said "Dang, how fast was I going?" The guy laughed and said "Just wanted to tell you, please use the crosswalks, it will save me a whole lot of time not having to do the paperwork if someone hits you." Oh, sorry...I kinda did zip across one of the roads there where there was no crosswalk and a bit of traffic. I said okay, thanked him for watching out for people - I was near what used to be the old BAMC and that circle part does get a bit traffic heavy in the morning - then continued my run...and then, lol, as I turned around to give him a wave , I promptly ran right into the wall of the Combat Medic Museum....oww... ....and yes, he did laugh.....lol.

3.3 miles done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

Did my run/walk at Fort Sam this morning and got stopped by an MP, lol. I said "Dang, how fast was I going?" The guy laughed and said "Just wanted to tell you, please use the crosswalks, it will save me a whole lot of time not having to do the paperwork if someone hits you." Oh, sorry...I kinda did zip across one of the roads there where there was no crosswalk and a bit of traffic. I said okay, thanked him for watching out for people - I was near what used to be the old BAMC and that circle part does get a bit traffic heavy in the morning - then continued my run...and then, lol, as I turned around to give him a wave , I promptly ran right into the wall of the Combat Medic Museum....oww... ....and yes, he did laugh.....lol.

3.3 miles done.

Hahaha!

KCRuns

3.3 miles done.

LOL, funny story!

Docket_Rocket

LOL, Scotty.

So, when I got home from pilates, I had to fight the intersections like The Purge due to an asshole car crashing into a main transformer.  We had no power until 30 minutes ago.  Forget about running today, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

LOL, Scotty.

So, when I got home from pilates, I had to fight the intersections like The Purge due to an asshole car crashing into a main transformer.  We had no power until 30 minutes ago.  Forget about running today, lol.

My life is pretty eventless compared to yours. Sometimes eventless is good.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with 3 x 6 minutes tempo + 3 x 200.

Scottydawg, lol at literally hitting the wall during your run.

Cyberic

7 miles with 3 x 6 minutes tempo + 3 x 200.

Scottydawg, lol at literally hitting the wall during your run.

Nice  workout

Docket_Rocket

My life is pretty eventless compared to yours. Sometimes eventless is good.

Eventless is good...ALWAYS.

Miami is for sure too eventful even for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page