Beginners and Beyond

FridamnDailies (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

Yay! They were early. It seems like my mechanics never finish my car early. Are you traveling for a marathon?

Jay, I still haven't watched the most recent episode of Handmaid's Tale. My friend texted last night to tell me she was about to watch it, had heard it was awful, and was afraid to watch it, lol. Er maybe not lol. Anyway, I'm excited to watch it whenever that happens. Glad to hear your shin is better!

We must be on the mend, since Cyber also seems to finally be getting over his illness? Good luck on the 50k! It sounds like you have the right attitude going into it (having fun).

If people are starting to be on the mend, that must mean Dave will be, too. Where are you, Dave? Have you been ellipticalling?

Italiana, good to see you pop on the other night! Post more!! Smile

SIAR, your half sounds challenging vert wise...or at least, for this flatlander it does Smile

Onemile, how does it exactly delineate the difference between "unproductive" and the other one?

Maybe I need a Fenix to shame me into doing more. Although my Apple watch already does that.

I ran a progression run today and I wanted to just crawl on the ground. But I conquered!!! I ran with my fast friend. 10 min up, then the next miles continuous, no breaks: 9:00 pace, 8:30 pace, 8:15 pace, and 8:00 pace. The first two were fine. The last two we literally did not talk and she turned on her music so we could suffer together. And 10 min down. Anyway, I'm feeling kind of proud and kind of exhausted.

Yes. Running Bay of fundy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

I think it has to do with your heart rate and your training load.  But if you run a few times in hot weather it starts to think you are being unproductive because your heart rate is higher for the same paces than it was previously or something like that.  I actually think it's mostly useless.

good workout!

Oh. Lame!

And thanks! Smile

Docket, awesome!!! Can't wait to read your RR Smile

sdWhiskers

I totally had to Google that. Have a great time!! I will be in a more southern area of Maine for the July 4th holiday.

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles with 4 sets of 200-200-400, equal distance recoveries. Did the final sets on the track.

Cyberic

8 miles with 4 sets of 200-200-400, equal distance recoveries. Did the final sets on the track.

Nice

Cyberic

I just read the description: beautiful scenery, world's biggest tides.

Tides are a slow thing. Even if they're the biggest in the world, when you look at the scenery, you don't see the water level change.

Scenery is still nice, though. Good luck, D!

Italiana626

The Latecomer

Italiana, good to see you pop on the other night! Post more!! Smile

I ran a progression run today and I wanted to just crawl on the ground. But I conquered!!! I ran with my fast friend. 10 min up, then the next miles continuous, no breaks: 9:00 pace, 8:30 pace, 8:15 pace, and 8:00 pace. The first two were fine. The last two we literally did not talk and she turned on her music so we could suffer together. And 10 min down. Anyway, I'm feeling kind of proud and kind of exhausted.

Thanks, ROS!  I will try.  Very nice workout! You should feel proud. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I just read the description: beautiful scenery, world's biggest tides.

Tides are a slow thing. Even if they're the biggest in the world, when you look at the scenery, you don't see the water level change.

Scenery is still nice, though. Good luck, D!

I think the Bay of Fundy tides are a little different. I remember seeing signs there warning about being caught by the tide coming in.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

I think the Bay of Fundy tides are a little different. I remember seeing signs there warning about being caught by the tide coming in.

Been there two years ago, seen the signs, experimented what they meant my that. If you go far at low tide, it's dangerous you may get caught. But it still won't "show" if you're running by, or stopped your car for 15 minutes and are looking from a cliff. You'll see high tide, or low tide, or something in between. Unless you have way more patience than I do

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Been there two years ago, seen the signs, experimented what they meant my that. If you go far at low tide, it's dangerous you may get caught. But it still won't "show" if you're running by, or stopped your car for 15 minutes and are looking from a cliff. You'll see high tide, or low tide, or something in between. Unless you have way more patience than I do

I was thinking there was something special related to a tidal bore.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

I was thinking there was something special related to a tidal bore.

Ah. I get it.