Beginners and Beyond

MEB WINS BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 92 times)

Zelanie

Am I the only one who thought Meb looked really great after that race? Like he had a little more in the  tank? most definitely the kind of race when everything comes together in complete harmony.

Meb always looks like that after a race.  At the Olympics, while everybody else was busy dying or congratulating themselves, he was going up to all the runners coming in and congratulating them.

RSX

So happy for him especially when he wasn't really being listed among the top elites, more like a 2nd tier. But to PR at 38 in that heat is just incredible.

MothAudio

Am I the only one who thought Meb looked really great after that race? Like he had a little more in the  tank? most definitely the kind of race when everything comes together in complete harmony.

I don't have the splits but based on the commentary they said Meb's maintained his pace while Bott increased his to close to within 6 seconds. Not sure if it was due to being overcome with emotion or the effort to fight off Bott but I thought Meb looked much more spent than the typical elite immediately after finishing; consider Jeptoo who ran a course record and a 4:48 24th mile! I thought she looked very composed, but she didn't have anyone breathing down her neck either. I thought Med [as usual] budgeted his resources perfectly; he had just enough left on Boylston but he was clearly struggling on Commonwealth Ave. If it had come down to a kick finish he would have been toast, but he knew that.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Nevrgivup

This totally made my day yesterday. It was so incredibly awesome for Boston and the United States to receive this win. He is the nicest and most humbled runner too. He deserves it!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Love the Half

Meb went through the half in 1:04:21 and finished in 2:08:37.  That's a 5 second negative split.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).