Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES Are laughing all the way to the bank (Read 45 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Morning!  Busy at the office since I am leaving now to prepare for my trip.  Ran 3 this morning and they went great, except for the brief stop at the gas station, where I proceeded to have a bear attack and throw up.  Da fuck?  Not sure what happened but it has not happened since.

You don't want my guess Smile

B-Plus

Good luck Beth!

SRD #12

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Today I swam, 50-meter intervals x 16 plus drills to warm up and cool down.  My 50 meter time is around 41-44.  That's similar to running 200s at that pace, not terrible for a newer swimmer.  My butterfly is also coming along well.  Yesterday I ran 5 easy, hilly miles; tomorrow is a longer run (aiming for 7!).  Wish me luck!

Good luck on your races, Beth, Baboon, Brr, graniterunning, and scottydawg!

Baboon, I bet you PR.  You've been crazy fast lately.

Scottydawg, your post about pasta/greasy foods day reminded me that I should post about my mom's pasta cookbook, so I did.  Please everyone go see it!  http://www.amazon.com/Pasta-Modern-Inspired-Recipes-Italy/dp/1617690627/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380407496&sr=8-1&keywords=pasta+modern

I myself celebrated greasy foods with bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast.  I could not get away with that if I were about to run, but today I swam instead, so I did not throw up.  Well done me.

kristin, a surefire way my grandmother gets dismissed from jury duty is to pretend to be attracted to the plaintiff...

freesoul, I think you're gonna be just fine in the half with all that forethought.

redrum--I know that feeling!  Hopefully, as you run more and more pain-free, the paranoia will subside.

Damaris, I am sorry you threw up.  Never a good thing.

B+, enjoy your well-deserved SRD.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

StepbyStep-SH

Pretty sure I know what that guess would be. Wink

5.75 miles in beautiful sunshine and 40*. Legs were weird today - no muscle soreness, despite hill repeats and a tough strength training workout yesterday, but very dead feeling. And then I realized when I got home that nothing was tight, either - I could put my hands flat on the floor, and the hip that has been a problem for weeks didn't even peep. Weird.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Funny!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

FreeSoul, sounds like you had a nice run, even with the dark and toe stubbing.  Maybe you can put a big floodlight on Rocky, have him carry that and run ahead of you... Joking

Good luck with your 5Ks tomorrow, Baboon, Granite, and Andrew!

Sorry you are still not feeling well, Lilac.

Actually, redrum, it could be counted as a little more than 10 races, because Wimberley and San Marcos are only about a 45 minute drive from San Antonio, so lots of locals race there too.  And Austin is only an hour's drive, which gives us even more options....Big grin  I can relate to the paranoia thing after having 4 knee surgeries.  After the first couple of them, you'd think I would be ready for it...but no...after each rehab when I got out there initially to start running again, that nagging was in the back of my head for quite a while, worrying about those first steps and whether my knee would behave itself.  You know what helped me?  Falling down, lol.  After I fell on a run and got back up and could run again with no problem, that was when I realized I was okay.

Good luck with your long run tomorrow, scap!  Your getting out of jury duty thing made me laugh.   Some guy once told me to always talk loudly about how you believe in the death penalty, defense lawyers apparently hate that.   I told him "That won't work in Texas, everyone believes in the death penalty, we've executed more people than any other state!"

Wonder how Kristin's jury duty is going?

Congrats on your run, Kristin!  Your legs were not 'dead feeling' they have just become INVINCIBLE!  Big grin  You're on your way to being Superwoman!

SRD #12!  Are you on a hiatus from running, B-Plus?

Safe trip, Damaris!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day part 3.  Actually I'm about 95% and I went to run but at a tenth I could feel it just a bit so I didn't push it.  So tomorrow it should be fine.  I Grastoned it a ton so I cannot imagine tomorrow not being a good run

Lilac we go to Outer Banks in a little over a week.  Wasn't it you that told me a restaurant to go to?

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky would probably just turn around and blind me with it lol, though I think sometimes I end up blinding him a little as he is constantly stopping and looking back at me when he is in front.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

I ran!  Grabbed a treadmill because it is windy as hell today and I felt lazy.  6 miles at 8:06 pace...real easy effort.  I tell ya though, the less I run on the treadmill, the more treadmill tolerance I lose.  Did not want to be on that machine!

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Greetings, Runners!

SRD number 5. Haven't gone stir crazy yet, but I've been busy working all week so I haven't had a chance to get too churned up about not running. Yet!

Right knee continues to improve, but I really, REALLY want to ease back into things. I don't have a long race again until the Scenic City Half in February so I've got some time to recover. I think I'll do a short run during the week or next weekend and see how that goes.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet. My diagnosis is torn meniscus. I have no idea how long that takes to fully heal. Reckon if it's still bugging me in a week, the doctor and I will have a little meeting.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

6 miles this evening.....and there's a cool story about it so I made a thread to share.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

HobbitLegs

elevenses

URD for me. Had to go into work today. Friday is usually a day off. This week sucked overall at work and it will continue into next week. DH is helping his idiot brother move (it would take a novel to explain). I just wasn't feeling it today, so I put on sweatpants, put a pizza in the oven and poured myself a beer.