Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Frivolry FRIDAILY (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

We've had a few mild days this week, Scotty (meaning highs of 80F), but we are expecting 86F, 88F, 87F for the next three days.

January and February were super hot and humid, March was mild (lovely, really), and April is being shaped like March. I am afraid soon we'll be in the 90s so I am enjoying running in 80F at 6pm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Scotty---  Sorry about the scaled back 10, Cherie, hope you are not too disappointed.  Stuff happens...you'll get your mojo back.  Happy volunteering tomorrow!

Thank you, Scotty!  Naw, I kind of thought I might be pushing it too much after my last race.  Figure I need to listen to my body more.  So whatever happens, happens.  And at least it wasn't hot!  We've been having nice cool 60 & low 70* weather.   I'm actually really excited about the volunteering tomorrow.  Although i have to get up really early, I also get to see people I haven't seen for a while.  If DH comes we may stay for the food and wine festival after the race.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

From the Internet.

Afternoon pens! Gym this morning, long run tomorrow - might cut it back to 5-6, depending on how the Achilles feels. Fortunately the loop we run tomorrow has plenty of convenient places to turn back for a shorter run, so I can decide what I'm going to do after I've been warmed up and moving for a bit.

Shin feels good today after yesterday's 5, I think as long as I keep being smart about taking an extra day off when needed (in addition to trying the hip/glute strengthening/activating stuff) it'll stay in check.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: I agree with Scotty, you'll get it back. You have been doing a lot lately and you are probably tired.  Hopefully, your husband can go so you can stay for the stuff after the race. Sometimes, that is the fun part! When DW and I run our marathon in May, we have two nights in a hotel and can enjoy all the post race parties and activities. Those long weekends are fun and the race is a bonus.

Singer who runs a smidge

Two hours and 45 minutes before I quit working, 3 hours and 45 minutes before I start singing, about 7 hours before I get home tonight!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Cherie - where is tomorrow's race?  Have fun.

hog4life

Not yet.  But if we can find something closer to the Zoo we would since we love that area.  I'll keep you posted.

Jack, Ginny, we are traveling to several places to do some HMs and fulls.  Next is Nashville and Cali (Santa Cruz) but I get to Chicago in June (and hopefully October).

I live just under 2 hours south, I need to run that one. I've been looking at it for a couple of years.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rest day for me.

Good od luck to all of the racers for this weekend.  We're doing a 5k at the Savannah Ronald McDonald House on Saturday morning.  Hoping it doesn't rain on us.

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

Good luck Robert!

SheCan

Good luck tomorrow, Robert!

Ginny-- it's at Dragoon, AZ.  I've never been there, though I've drove close by a couple of times.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Good luck to all the racers this weekend.  I hope you have fun and run as fast as you're hoping.

tracilynn

Mitch, the weather looks to be PERFECT tomorrow morning!  Have fun!  Awood and Mitch! Post pics.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Good luck to Awood, Mitch, Jack, and Robert!  And redrum if he checks in here!