Beginners and Beyond

Week 2 Penguins are bobbling along ... (01/05-01/11) (Read 11 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is National Bobblehead Day.  Yeah, I don't get those.  Maybe if it sat on your dashboard and nodded happily at you as you drove, but otherwise, I'm just not into bobbleheads.

Howdy, Penguins all!!  I had a lovely long break, which turned out to have an extra day because I'd scheduled my annual checkup for 1:30 yesterday afternoon.  Guess I felt I wanted an extra day!  I'm sure you'll be glad to hear I am normal in all respects.  Now I'm back at work, which is causing all kinds of existential angst, of course.  Oh well, only 16 more years until retirement! 

Well, samples are calling, and so are investigators.  "Are my samples done?  We dropped them off just before closing!"  Which means, no, your samples are not done, because we were closed!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Welcome back and Happy New Year!

I have 6 with 2 @ MP. Watching the multiple earthquakes hitting my home. My parents are OK.

HopesMom, 16!!!!! Oy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Glad your folks are ok, Docket!

Today is National Bubble Bath Day (way better than Bobblehead Day, IMHO).  Unfortunately I will not be participating, because I have quartet practice tonight.  I might have to delay mine until Friday.

I ended up going home early yesterday due to snow -- it was snowing at my house, and that's pretty much where the snowline started.  It was weird -- a dusting at my interstate exit, and then a couple of inches at my house about 5 miles away.  Schools are closed today, but I didn't have any problem driving once I got back to the interstate.

And because there was just rain here, I biked in.  Nice day for it.  Also did weights this morning.

But I thought there was a hairband in my backpack.  There is not.  I keep a spare in my backpack, which is also not there.  So I have a doofy little pony tail created by a silicone bracelet.  Not sure that's going to work for me today, but .

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I can do a bubble bath. Unfortunately, the cats find them very interesting, lol.

I have 6 again tonight.

HopesMom, glad you were able to go home early yesterday; hoping it's the same today, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Wouldn't that be nice!!  My tech came through with a hair tie, so now I have a "normal" ponytail.  Not that I really have enough hair for that, but at least it's out of my face!

GinnyinPA

HM  - glad you made it to work safely. It sounds like you had more snow than we did.

D - have fun with your 6

We had about 3 inches on the grass and trees, less on the asphalt so it was very easy to shovel this morning and the streets are in pretty good shape. There is a very cold wind this morning though, so our walk was chilly. I have 5 to do today or tomorrow. We'll see what happens after we get done with running all the errands we were supposed to do yesterday.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi all!  Well, it seems I am doomed all this week to be surprised that I have to go to work again.  What, that isn't a one-time thing?  I have to do it EVERY DAY???  I don't know who thought that up, but they should be taken out and forced to go to work every day.

Weights this morning, no biking due to chorus and the fact that it's way cold out today.  Although it's supposed to hit 70 this weekend ...

Nearly got smushed by a semi on the way in to work today.  Just a tip, you should look before you merge onto an interstate, even if you're driving a semi and the car occupying the lane you want in happens to be a Prius.  I suspect, with my wimpy little horn, that he never even saw me.  Then later when I got in front of him, I noticed a 30-day temporary tag on the front.  New driver, maybe?  Luckily my brakes worked, and so did those of the car(s) behind me.

Well, I have a meeting in 5.  Catch you later!

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Ended up getting home with the start of a migraine so I didn't run. Therefore, I have 4-6 today and took a URD yesterday (won't have time to run tomorrow while traveling and drinking at Epcot - priorities).

Hopesmom, nice job with the weights.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Glad to see your priorities are in good order!! 

GinnyinPA

D - I hope your head is doing better today. Do you fly south this evening? Good luck with your weekend of races.

Docket_Rocket

Sigh, didn't even have time to run tonight waiting for the new leased cars. That are still not here.

I fly tomorrow morning. Instead of running, since I had to wait for the guy, I packed 90% of the stuff for the trip.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Safe travels, Docket!!

I think I've decided to push my getting up time back half an hour on Fridays.  I think I (and DH) need that extra sleep more than I need a weights workout, due to the short nights on Wednesday and Thursday.  My Fitbit usually estimates I get about 6 hours of sleep those two nights, which makes for a sleepy commute on Fridays, which is not good.

Anyway, skipped weights this morning in favor of snoozing, but biked in!  Should be warmer today ...

GinnyinPA

A little extra rest is a good idea for both of you. Have a good weekend.

I've got a tempo run to do this afternoon after a doctor's appointment. I'm hoping I don't have to wait too long so I can get the run done before the school buses are out and about.