Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES (Read 44 times)

B-Plus

Geeze... you are either lazy or way too young to remember miles. Probably the latter. 1.6 km to a mile, if I'm not mistaken? So 16 km.

Thanks, lol 

B-Plus

Mia is home!  Hopefully she is on her way to being all better!

Yay Mia!

B-Plus

Ever heard of having pacers for a 5k?  Local running company puts on an all-women 5k in July and this year they are having pacers.  I don't quite get it.

RnR AZ had elite runners pace the 5k the day before the half earlier this year.

What I don't get is the requirement to have only run 5 min faster as a minimum to pace a half around here. That would be really tough for me to pace and could easily screw up if I was having a bad day.

Hip Redux

RnR AZ had elite runners pace the 5k the day before the half earlier this year.

What I don't get is the requirement to have only run 5 min faster as a minimum to pace a half around here. That would be really tough for me to pace and could easily screw up if I was having a bad day.

That was my thought - it doesn't take much to miss a goal in a short, speed race.   Heck, like you said, pacing a half can be tough.

Little Blue

Mia is home!  Hopefully she is on her way to being all better!

Yay!  Lady sends virtual doggy high-fives. 

Docket_Rocket

Ever heard of having pacers for a 5k?  Local running company puts on an all-women 5k in July and this year they are having pacers.  I don't quite get it.

My local 5Ks have them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Yay, Mia!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning's workout was at the gym, Biceps, Triceps and Chest and Abdominals

Captain's Chair: 6 sets  of 12 reps

Standing Barbell Curls: 45lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps, 45lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps, 45lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps

Torso Rotation: 5 sets / 10 reps / 75 lbs

Triceps Dumbbell Kickbacks: 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps, 20lbsX8reps, 17.5lbsX12reps

Loaded Plate Incline Chest Press: 90lbsX10reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX10reps, 100lbsX8reps, 90lbsX10reps, 100lbsX8reps

Standing Rope Hammer Curls: 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 4 sets / 12 reps / 50 lbs

Standing Triceps Cable Pull Downs: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps

Fly Delts: 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps

And meet our newest family member, Jetta.

Learned her history and why she is so thin, it seems her first 4 months haven't been too great Sad the two other dogs were very cruel to her and the owners didn't really take good care of her. When she was surrendered to Vom Blue Rescues, she had loads of fleas on her, tapeworms and other worms inside of her and was even thinner than what you see here Sad Poor girl, but all that misery is gone and can be forgotten because she is now in good hands and I will make damn sure to take care of her. She is actually very surprisingly calm for a 4 month old GSD, and already suspicious of others and aloof which means I really need to make sure I socialize her.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Congrats!  Glad she has found you guys!  Smile  She is a cutie!

Zelanie

I was all upset that Garmin Express hadn't synced my run yet, then I realized that my ANT stick wasn't plugged in.