Beginners and Beyond

Another Case of the MONDAILIES (Read 51 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone...great double for me, 20 miles total - 8 miles TM at lunch, then 12.1 miles this evening.  I finally got my new Hoka Stinson shoes, and wore them even though it was drizzling pretty steadily.  I loved them!  You'd think they'd be heavy and slow by looking at them, but they're really quick and responsive.  The best part was that my feet felt great.  I think they're going to be a very useful addition to my stable.

Basya...Just thought I should say "hi" since you're always so good with personals!

AmiK...Great job getting through that tough workout...speedy stuff too.  Trying to match your terrain is a great strategy, although you'll still get some good benefit from doing them on a little hillier terrain too if you're totally bored.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Rondog65

Hello All,

Good training day, 4.7 miles at an 8:54 pace, was planning for about 9:15.  I guess the music shuffle mix must have hit a few fast pace songs that had me kick it up a gear.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Ball of Fury

SIAR:  Thanks...nice double!!  I am only trying to do the speedier stuff on hills because I felt like my flat marathon in January was such a change from my normal runs I actually got tired of always having to propel myself forward, does that make sense?  So, I am trying to be a bit more prepared for that type of race.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR:  Thanks...nice double!!  I am only trying to do the speedier stuff on hills because I felt like my flat marathon in January was such a change from my normal runs I actually got tired of always having to propel myself forward, does that make sense?  So, I am trying to be a bit more prepared for that type of race.

I do get what you're saying...I'm running a flatter marathon in April too so it's something I'm thinking about with my training as well.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hello All,

Good training day, 4.7 miles at an 8:54 pace, was planning for about 9:15.  I guess the music shuffle mix must have hit a few fast pace songs that had me kick it up a gear.

Nice run Ron...maybe peppy songs are the way to go!

YAYpril - B-Plus

My tempo run was AMAZING. I was planning on a 15-minute warmup, 30 minutes tempo, then a cooldown for however long I felt. Well, I felt so good during the tempo portion that I extended it to 40 minutes. 6.21 miles in exactly an hour. The 40 minutes got me about 4.4 miles.

SIAR, amazing doubling. I'm glad that the Hokas work well. I was wondering what you'd think of them.

Rondog65, talk about blowing a goal to smithereens!

AprilRunner, brava on the extended tempo run.

I just had a thirty-minute chair massage of my neck, shoulders, and back. I feel goodSmile I'm on my way home to play with my MuscleTrac and TheraRoll, and, then, stretch. Nothing wrong with feeling betterWink

Docket_Rocket

Trust me.  A flat marathon is better.

I do get what you're saying...I'm running a flatter marathon in April too so it's something I'm thinking about with my training as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi Dailies:

Excellent weather for a SRD - it's fit for neither man nor beast out there right now.