Beginners and Beyond

Baboon and MtnBikerChk's 5K RR - a two-for-one report (oh boy!) (Read 155 times)

irakanji

Nice job Captain.  Keep the Sole Train a movin.

Mile     7:35     5K     26:52     10K     56:23     Half     2:00:38

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Amazing post surgery race debut Baboon!!!! You rocked it!!!

Nice race MBC!!! My last 2 5K times were 28:31 and 28:16....I think we would either be nice pace buddies or fierce competitors if we were ever in a 5K together!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

BruceD555

Woohoo! Happy knee time! Nice work during all those dark and dreary days in the gym ... both before and after your surgery. What a fine accomplishment to hit the 23Tight lippedx mark so soon out of the gates on the shiny new knee! Congrats!

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Next up is the BAA 10K on June 23.  I need to figure out how to approach that one.

When plotting 10k strategy, I base it off my current tempo pace.  Based on your 5k finish time, yours is around 7:42 per mile (a sub-48:00).  All things being equal, you should expect to run your 10k in that range at a minimum.

Congrats to the both of yous!  And welcome back man, nicely done!

TakeAHike

Nice job to both of you.  Baboon, it must have been rice to finally get out there again after a long break from racing.  I'm glad to hear your recovery is going so well.  That is an excellent time, especially after your surgery.  It looks like your fitness is returning faster than you thought it would.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Amazing post surgery race debut Baboon!!!! You rocked it!!!

Nice race MBC!!! My last 2 5K times were 28:31 and 28:16....I think we would either be nice pace buddies or fierce competitors if we were ever in a 5K together!

Generally I like Oski pull me along so likely I'd do the same to you Smile LOL

outoftheblue

You're officially back in the running game.  Congrats on a  fantastic result.

Life is good.

Hip Redux

Generally I like Oski pull me along so likely I'd do the same to you Smile LOL

Big grin

Great job both of youse!

Baboon - did they give you a bionic ACL?

Dave

delicate flower

Thanks everyone for the comments!  As nice as it was was to throw down a pretty good race time, even better is that my knee feels fine today.  I was a little nervous about it when I went to bed with achiness last night, but today my knee does not feel like I ran a 5K yesterday.

Baboon - did they give you a bionic ACL?

They actually used donor tissue this time (my own hamstring the first time).  I can get in touch with the donor's family through the hospital if I so choose.  I told DW that I hope they gave me an athlete's ACL.  Big grin   I'm not quite ready to start looking into that yet though.

<3

hog4life

Congrats to both of you!

SheCan

WTG you!  I can't believe how good you're doing!  The human body is amazing when it's motivated.  That's really a good time even without major surgery.  I'm super happy for you!  You're definitely a trooper....

and yeah, I'm used to looking dumb and all, so I'll just ask it, is MtnBikerChk your DW?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

delicate flower

WTG you!  I can't believe how good you're doing!  The human body is amazing when it's motivated.  That's really a good time even without major surgery.  I'm super happy for you!  You're definitely a trooper....

and yeah, I'm used to looking dumb and all, so I'll just ask it, is MtnBikerChk your DW?

That is correct.  Big grin

Thanks, She Can.  Smile

<3

No more marathons

Must be a real nice feeling to be back in the game.  Glad no pain the following day.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Rubybaby43

enabler

Congrats to both of you!  Smile

KLO

more miles = more beer