Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Tumble Into Tuesday! (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  I should not read this while drinking coffee.

Good Morning  !!!

AW, hope you got the pink one.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, thanks for asking.  He reported he is now eating and sleeping well, so he feels much better after that scare.

Z, yes, highs of 86F all week long.

Hope's Mom, glad you figured what could be causing it.  Hope it gets better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Do you recall my wife's niece, that I posted about a while back, who went into the hospital a few weeks ago and was in ICU, etc?  Well, turned out the reason she had all this going on was that she was using cocaine and she overdosed and no one found her for several hours after the overdose,  and her body started shutting down, etc.  She did get stabilized, then got back to normal, and finally was well enough to be released from the hospital, with a referral to a drug rehab program. Just a bit ago, Gail got a call that her niece had died from an additional complication that she waited too long to get checked, she got peritonitis but did not go in right away.  By the time she did, it was too late.  Gail was pretty close to her, I hardly knew her at all.  She was only in her late 20s; She was a very troubled young lady, in mind and spirit.  Her family did reach out to her and did try to get her professional help, but she just would not help herself, and this is the result; a very sad way for a young life to end.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

That is very sad, Scotty.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Scotty: Sorry for the news and my best to Gail.

Awood: You will like the Garmin. I have a 210 and the girls each have a 10.

What a great weekend DW and I had in Zion. I am sorry to be back to the real world. We did our big 18 mile hike and the next day did a tough 5 miler with some scrambling involved. I will try to get a few pictures on here later or sometime. As for running, my 10 week plan starts today, assuming it does not rain. I am scheduled to to 6x800 at HM pace with a mile warm up and cool down. My younger DD's swim team moved to a new pool and there in an all-weather track that I can use. Let's hope the rain waits.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Dirty mind Scotty!!! We did watch TV on the couch all day.... I did not mention anything that happened before we started watching though Wink haha.... very, very sorry tohear about Gail's niece SadSad tragic story

Glad you had a great time Jack! share pics if you can!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

Morning, all.

Checking in. Woke up early with a call to reschedule surgery to next month, I'm pretty pissed. I've been so stressed about the surgery, now I get to stress another 4 weeks. Seen as I was up, got 1.4 miles on the treadmill before the kids woke up. I will probably try to get another run in this afternoon.

Awood- I bet you will love your Garmin. Did you go with the 10? I have the white and green one and it's perfect.

HopesMom- I really hope you stay pain free. I've read about lots of people suffering from all kinds of ailments that eventually link back to aspartame.

SheCan

Morning Penguin friends!

Thank you all for the congrats on my race.  Penguins really are good people, and I appreciated it! Smile

Gustav- morning!   Hope you get a good recovery run in.

Awood- Yay@ ordering your Garmin.  I bet you're gonna love it.  Good job on your continued weight loss.  18 mile LR for a half??  Wow, that's hardcore!

kristin- your weekend with the bf sounds great!  Good luck with the PT this afternoon.

t-rod- my 50k is a trail run with some major (at least for me) climbs in it.  Is yours a trail also?  And NOOOOOO I'm so not ready to race it.  One I have recoup from this weekend's race, and it's less then 5 weeks from now.  I'm so not a Docket_rocket or a T-rod!  But I will try to finish it, even if it just takes me a long time.  Wink

Scotty-  I'm so not surprised that you do those runs much quicker without snapping the camera.  But oh, we enjoy your photo reports!  The update on your wife's niece is so sad.  Many sympathies to Gail and her family.

Zelanie- book club?  How super fun!  What are you all reading now?

HopesMom- interesting research there.  Lets hope you remain pain free   I'm a big Diet Coke drinker, so I'm very curious to how your self experiment plays out.

Jack - glad your Zion weekend was a good one.  Wooohooo @ finally finishing that hike!  I bet that did take a while.  Its so pretty there, I can't wait to see the pics.

Coralie- Hi ya!  Glad you got at least a bit of a run in before the kids got up.

I thought about doing an easy run today, but decided I'd probably benefit more from another rest day then a run.  Besides, that wind doesn't sound too appealing today.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

Scotty, so sorry to hear about Gail's niece!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

SheCan, I think I missed the post about your race.  Congrats! (Sorry I was late).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone, having to pull a 12 today so no run for me. Will try and get up tomorrow and get 4 or 5 in.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

t-rod- my 50k is a trail run with some major (at least for me) climbs in it.  Is yours a trail also?  And NOOOOOO I'm so not ready to race it.  One I have recoup from this weekend's race, and it's less then 5 weeks from now.  I'm so not a Docket_rocket or a T-rod!  But I will try to finish it, even if it just takes me a long time.  Wink

mine is a trail, and I am not much of a trail runner. I have done 1 real trail run and it was a HM.  My other trail run was this weekend in my in-laws cow pasture where I ran along the fence line and dodged cow patties and had fun.

My race is called "hells Hills" and it isnt supposed to be too hilly Smile

my strategy is to keep moving forward and to have fun along the way. and it will take me a while.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

SheCan

mine is a trail, and I am not much of a trail runner. I have done 1 real trail run and it was a HM.  My other trail run was this weekend in my in-laws cow pasture where I ran along the fence line and dodged cow patties and had fun.

my strategy is to keep moving forward and to have fun along the way. and it will take me a while.

LMAO@Hells Hills not supposed to be too hilly.  Sure it's not!  Just keep telling yourself that.   Good strategy -  that's what I'm going to try also. Hehe@ dodging cow patties.  That sounds like good trail training.  Although I've run on a number of trails around here, I've never done any trail racing, so i am a little nervous about it.

Docket-- thank you sweetie!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Does anyone play Scramble with friends? It seems I get stuck playing the same people. Start a game if you like; my username is JKlompus and I'll play when I can.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gee, Tomas, if it's called "Hell's Hills" and it's not too hilly, then I hope you're not an a course that is going all downhill...and if you keep going down and then see a guy with a pitchfork ahead waiting for you...turn around and run like HELL in the other direction! Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt