Beginners and Beyond

Finally going to do it (Read 191 times)

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

That's awesome. Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

monkkey

Awesome news, and good luck!  I too am of the opinion (and experience) that you can train on relatively low mileage and still run the entire marathon with no walk breaks and no death march.  (Of course, it depends on your goals and your preferences, there's nothing wrong with walk breaks either.)  Proper pacing is key!

Have fun and enjoy the journey, the first one is really special!

scissorbill

Good for you!  Congratulations and best of luck with your training.

Nevrgivup

I'm already having second thoughts guys. I don't know if my body can handle the long runs. I did get injured with my last HM training cycle after I got to 35 mpw  I still have time to decide and I can always start out with the marathon training plan and drop down to the HM if it seems to be too much. I love the encouragement. Its like my logical voice is telling me to wait until I finish school. I also have to remember that I get injured very easily so maybe I should reconsider. I'm so wishy washy with this.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

runwell3

Happy belated birthday to you, nevergiveup, and congratulations on 2 A's...that's fantastic!  I want to thank you again for all you (& your entire med. team) did last week.  You guys were the first line of "Boston Strong".  Sounds like you are recovering well and moving forward with a positive direction.

Don't worry about being indecisive about running Hartford.  You have plenty of time to make up your mind.  I've run it 3 times, including my first marathon in 2010 and the qualifying run in 2011 that got me into Boston this year.  It's mostly a very nice course with a very cool finish.  The half marathon course is new and though I haven't run it, people have said that it's challenging but excellent as well & has the same finish as the full.  Good luck and enjoy the springtime warmth...perfect running weather

Nevrgivup

Thanks Runwell. Smile

Happy belated birthday to you, nevergiveup, and congratulations on 2 A's...that's fantastic!  I want to thank you again for all you (& your entire med. team) did last week.  You guys were the first line of "Boston Strong".  Sounds like you are recovering well and moving forward with a positive direction.

Don't worry about being indecisive about running Hartford.  You have plenty of time to make up your mind.  I've run it 3 times, including my first marathon in 2010 and the qualifying run in 2011 that got me into Boston this year.  It's mostly a very nice course with a very cool finish.  The half marathon course is new and though I haven't run it, people have said that it's challenging but excellent as well & has the same finish as the full.  Good luck and enjoy the springtime warmth...perfect running weather

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.