Beginners and Beyond

Sluggish Sunday (Read 31 times)

LRB

I can't decide whether I'm annoyed or not!

IT IS.  And there's the Brooklyn Mile in two weeks.

Or maybe it was 19:59.01 ...

It's a cross between annoyed, indifference and relief!

Looking at your first and fourth quarters, the bar should be 5:55.

Nope. 20 flat.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congrats Bluerun.

Zelanie

Nice job, Phil!

Congrats, bluerun!

delicate flower

Nice job, Boon. Your photo makes it look like fun. I know better!

Regarding your swim; you already swim more than fish do, how the hell can it get better? Is it possible the conditions played a role, or maybe you just had a bad day? Also, running up those two mountains had to suck!

Phil - congratulations on the AG win. As much as you swim, I don't know what you need to do to improve. Find a new swim couch maybe?

I haven't had any private lessons since early last year, so I'll give the swim coach a ring.  My endurance is great thanks to all the swimming, but my speed isn't improving.  I know my form needs work. That said, I was dead middle of the pack on the swim today.  I did get bumped and banged a lot.

Yeah LRB, the two hills were tough.  The first one is right at the start of the run when you are still trying to get your run legs going, and the second hill is 100' over .2 miles.  I am glad that one is so short.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Now, now, let's not get greedy.

Thanks guys

And congrats Baboon!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Runshortii

Congrats Baboon and bluerun!

I overslept for work yesterday and instead of doing my 6 miler at midnight on the treadmill I just did 8 miles this morning and 6 miles this evening.  I felt like garbage on the 8 miles this morning but actually felt really really good on the 6 miles tonight and made it into a MPish run. Go figure.

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, Bluerun!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

It's a cross between annoyed, indifference and relief!

Nope. 20 flat.

Gotta agree with this.

It's just like the extra focus that's needed in mile 2 of a 5k.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

I could not for the life of me sleep last night. Planned on getting up at 5:30 to get 15-16 in before meeting DW's friend for breakfast. But by the time it got to 2AM or so, I turned off the alarm. No problem to run on 3 hrs sleep, but not such a good idea to drive 6 hrs on it. Ran 15 in the evening after getting home.

60.8 for the week. Oh, and this was breakfast:

Dave

Congrats Bluerun and Baboon!

I ran 18

+1. Nice racing all around!

Dave

Think I ended up with 6.25 ... including a mile race.  Which rounded up to 6:00.00. 

Strava says "Best estimated 1 mile effort (5:59)". Book it!

Dave