Beginners and Beyond

A RR About A Special Boy (Read 71 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hog, when I grow up, I want to be like you.

I hope I can find something like that in my area. That looks too cool to pass up.

happylily

Count me in as one who needed a Kleenex after reading your RR, Mitch. What a moving account of what was surely a very special day for a very special little boy. What beautiful pictures you have there! If only everyone was as kind and generous as you are, our world would be a much better place... And lastly, what a fantastic finish time considering the task! Bravo to all three of you!!!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

+1

Very cool!

Mmmmm...beer

Outstanding Mitch!!  Looks like he had a great time!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

Mitch, I bow to you, sir. You are one heck of a good man.

superspike113

Honorary Old

That's wonderful!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

on my way to badass

I hope I can find something like that in my area. That looks too cool to pass up.

+2

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Mitch congrats on making the race a memorable one for that young man.  You got a big heart.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

MI_Tim

How fun.

LRB

The thought to push someone in a race never crossed my mind...mostly because it never crossed my mind, but I would totally do that. How much extra effort was there if any at all.

The pictures are great. If I ever manage to do this for someone it will be because of you. So this act of kindness will have touched more than one person! 

Buelligan

What's the significance of the elephant on the medal?

The University of Alabama's mascot Big Al...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Al_(mascot)

This thread makes me think I've been living a wicked, hedonistic existence thinking only about me and my needs.  I guess that's on me.

Brilliant

At the LA Marathon, I saw 2 blind runners running with guides.  I thought both the runners and their guides were doing something pretty fantastic that day.  Reminded me of you, Mitch!

Robert31320

Team TJ

You continue to display what a truly awesome person you are, Mitch.  I know how awesome this feels, well not the 2:12 part, but the pushing part.  My hat is off to you for doing this again providing another family the joy you helped me and mine realize.

Running for TJ because he can't.