Beginners and Beyond

Wonderful Wednesday Penguins (Read 23 times)

SheCan

Today is going to be a wonderful day!  Low humidity, temps in the mid 70's...if I didn't have to work it would be a perfect day.

6-7 miles tonight.

What a nice way to start our thread, Margo!   Good job on your miles.

Hi Kristin!  Gonna check out your RR when I'm done here.

Jerry-- enjoy the party this evening.  LOL@ at least runners stay young.  Heck yeah!

Danged Awood, that speedy neighbor is making a speedy you!  Keep up the good work.

Scotty-- omgosh, just reading that made me exhausted.  What a busy L O N G weekend!   Glad you had a nice visit with your family.  Lucky you finding a running club full of hot ladies all willing to go the hotel with you--- you rascally ol dawg!   j/k  Glad you all finally made it safely home, and even got a run in yesterday.  Enjoy your rest/off day today!

Docket-- Hugs sweetie.  Can't believe this fever is still with you.  I sure hope you're feeling better soon, or get yourself in to see a doctor.  Good luck holding that food down.

Hopesmom-- have fun @ the dinner tonight, and don't stay out too late.  ;-)

Bin-- welcome home!  Get some rest and hopefully rain will come in soon.  Is there anyplace you can do a TM in case the smoke don't blow out pretty soon?

Zelanie--- Oh, okay, so you're really not on summer break for reals yet.  I'm sorry about your knee.  It seems you've been so patient.  Are you wearing a brace or anything to help support it when you run?  I sure hope the therapist can tell you why it's still swelling like that.

*Waves @ Ginny*  Hey you!

I did an easy 7 today and have a lazy day planned.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Sloooow.

Morning, all.

I'm a little confused with my leg situation. Yesterday, I ran 3 on the treadmill in the morning. I had pain in my leg, pretty much down the back of my thigh in a line. I stopped running after a sharp pain in the back of my knee. That night, the temperature dropped so I wanted to run outside. 1 mile in, the leg pain starts but not bad. By 2 miles, I didn't notice it. Rain started so I finished with 4.1 miles and a busted iPod Shuffle, lol. This morning, I got back on the treadmill again, pain from the start. It runs from mid butt cheek to the back of my knee/leg. I quit at 2 miles I wear the same brand of shoes for outdoors and inside, I haven't pushed myself too hard at all. I can't figure out the source of the pain when I'm not running. Tomorrow is my youngest daughters 2nd birthday, so I will take the day off. In other news, the shin splint in my left leg is 90% better, lol.

Phillie- Beautiful weather for you, enjoy your 6-7 tonight.

Kristin- You will get into a good routine soon, you just need to adjust. Glad you got out for an easy run this morning.

Jerry- All the "older" runners here definitely seem to look many years younger than they are. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Awood- Lightning fast run!

Scotty- I  feel like I need a nap after reading about your busy long weekend, sheesh. I bet it was wonderful running in the lower temps, despite getting lost Smile

Docket- Glad you are starting to feel better!

HopesMom- Have a great time tonight! I tried to do the same when I was doing C25K, add an extra day in when I could.

Bin- Situation sounds pretty miserable for you. Hopefully some wind will push the haze away, you're making a smart decision not to run with the poor air quality.

Zelanie- Ouch, your knee sounds painful Sad Sucks that you are going through this.

Ginny- Enjoy your recovery miles.

Docket_Rocket

No idea as to that pain, Coralie.  Lack of stretching, maybe?  Sounds like the hamstring.

RR is posted.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Just a quick check in today. I did a 7.8 mile tempo run this morning at a 7:41 average pace. I really pushed it in the middle 5 miles. I am hoping to do ok in the HM on 14 July.  See ya.

tracilynn

Coralie, is it sciatic nerve maybe?

Zel, so sorry about the knee.  I would ice the crap out of it next several days.  I hope the PT is helpful.  Injury sucks major majorly

Bin, welcome home,  too bad about the smoke.

Damaris, hope the food stays down/in.  Get better soon.

Cherie, enjoy your lazy day although running 7 isnt lazy Joking

Hello to everyone else, awood, ginny, jack, scotty, kristin! Hopes, jerry, margo,

I ran 4 last night.  Ran 4 this morning, then walked a mile, it was muggy, had to walk some after mile 3.

I dont think I drank enough this morning & have a raging headache nowDead

I have been rolling before and after all my runs and I think that helps a lot.  I also think walking after my runs is helping me.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ran 6 miles with some easy repeats.  Had a little hip pain that bothered me a few days ago.  Out of nowhere, it got much  worse and I hobbled home.  Maybe its the joint?  Maybe I need a new hip?  Kind of attached to the old one !!!!  Otherwise, it was a really nice run on the bike path.

Looks like I'll miss the retirement party :-(

Any hip experts out there?

Sloooow.

Traci- You hit the nail on the head, I was being such an idiot. I had sciatica when I was pregnant with my youngest, I forgot all about where the pain was. I did several stretches this afternoon, then tried the treadmill again. Slight pain in my butt, but very rarely. Stupid nerve! I'll see about

making a chiro appointment. Hope you spent today rehydrating!

Cherie- Hope you are enjoying your lazy day!

Jack- Sounds like you will do awesome at your HM at the rate you are going. Very nice, speedy run.

Jerry- I'm attached to my hips too! I hope the pain isn't anything too serious. I have no idea about hip issues Sad

I'm going to erase my 2 mile run this morning, as I just did 3.3 on the treadmill with very little discomfort. This mornings 2 miles were pure limping junk miles

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jerry - All I know about hips is that they aren't supposed to hurt.  If that doesn't start feeling better soon, make sure you get it checked out.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Coralie - Those two miles still count.  I'd leave em.  I don't believe in junk miles.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013