Beginners and Beyond

Miserable Monday (Read 43 times)

GinnyinPA

Ginny finished in 4:32:32.

Actually, that time is wrong. Somehow they had me starting 25 minutes earlier than I did, which screwed up all the times. According to my Garmin, I ran 26.57 miles in 4:05:08.

GinnyinPA

I’m curious if the people in the first two waves showed a slowdown in the same spot — the wind was supposed to get worse as the day went on (so the slower people get more of it, wheeee).

When we did that first hill over the freeway, the wind was wicked with nothing to block it.

GinnyinPA

Chafe report?

I didn't have any chaffing, despite being soaked. I had regular shorts (not compression), a lightweight long sleeved shirt, ear band and baseball cap, and a cheapo $2 clear poncho. I had gloves for the first few miles, but they were soaked so once I warmed up I took them off. I wished I had them back a couple of times, but putting on thin wet gloves while running isn't easy.

RunningOnSand

Actually, that time is wrong. Somehow they had me starting 25 minutes earlier than I did, which screwed up all the times. According to my Garmin, I ran 26.57 miles in 4:05:08.

Excellent job!!!!

bluerun

Super B****

I didn't have any chaffing, despite being soaked. I had regular shorts (not compression), a lightweight long sleeved shirt, ear band and baseball cap, and a cheapo $2 clear poncho. I had gloves for the first few miles, but they were soaked so once I warmed up I took them off. I wished I had them back a couple of times, but putting on thin wet gloves while running isn't easy.

I wore latex gloves over my gloves, which still got wet 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I wore latex gloves over my gloves, which still got wet 

No airflow, which likely created condensation. A million years ago, I wore the Nike Shield (a waterproof running shoe) which had the same effect.

bluerun

Super B****

No airflow, which likely created condensation. A million years ago, I wore the Nike Shield (a waterproof running shoe) which had the same effect.

That was an awful lot of condensation

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

You probably were sweating with the windproof layer to keep them warm.

Coastal

Blue:  If your arm was wet water can wick down the skin.  It's a familiar thing here where I live.

Wow.  You guys who ran Boston today are tough.  Those conditions are miserable.

No running today --meetings after work.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Awesome job!  Looking forward to reading your RR, I'm sure it will be epic.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours