Beginners and Beyond

Man vs. Food (woman edition) (Read 94 times)

Hip Redux

New world record for eating a steak.

Maybe she had just finished up a long run.  I know I get pretty damn hungry after a run.

happylily

I feel sick to my stomach, now...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Little Blue

Did she even chew any of it?  I can't even imagine.  And that wasn't a steak, it was a roast!

LRB

That must have been some good ass weed to get the munchies to that degree!

Love the Half

Everything I have read about trying to eat a ton of food like that says that if you attempt it, get it down within 15 minutes.  If you don't eat it quickly, you are doomed.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Hip Redux

Did she even chew any of it?  I can't even imagine.  And that wasn't a steak, it was a roast!

The chewing was what got me!  She must have a jaw like a lion!

All I could think of was a zombie from The Walking Dead feeding, especially at the end when she had her wrists up like a T-Rex.

Repulsive but simultaneously hot in some way.

Disgusting.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Ric-G

+100000000001

That must have been some good ass weed to get the munchies to that degree!

marathon pr - 3:16

Will run for scenery.

Amazing on sooooo many levels...

1) They actually served her sides and a salad.

2) She was not a ginormous fat cow.  By American standards I'd say she was pretty slim.

3) She ate the onion rings!

4) The previous WR champ : from Canadia.

5) I would have guessed the WR was about 20 minutes. And I'd be wrong.

6) No barfing.  None. None at all.

7) I love steak.  Not amazing, but I'm just sayin'.

8) Nobody offered to refill her Coke.

9) Am I right to conclude that she is single ?

10)  Man o Man, I'm in the mood for steak.  Again, not amazing, just sayin'.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

outoftheblue

My husband and I joked that we don't think even our rottweiler could have eaten it that fast.

Life is good.

You Rang?

Everything I have read about trying to eat a ton of food like that says that if you attempt it, get it down within 15 minutes.  If you don't eat it quickly, you are doomed.

Pretty much.  I used to do stuff like this.  In fact I ran my first 5k race in the trophy shirt from the Dagwood Challenge from the Ohio Deli in Columbus, Ohio.  The Dagwood Challenge is a 3 1/2 lb. sandwich and 1 lbs. of fries in under 30 minutes.  The fries were the hardest to get down because I saved them for last.

BTW, My sister who spent her entire working career in Southeast Asia recently saw an episode of Man v. Food and had only one comment:  Only in America.

Rick

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)