Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 32 times)

RunningOnSand

I booked a hotel through MarathonTours.com, so hopefully that is pretty reliable.

I'm sure it's very reliable.

Cyber, that's reassuring. Glad to know there are some reliable hosts out there!

Docket_Rocket

Oh. And some of you may remember I'm planning on running the Hamilton Marathon in early Nov. Dh and I rented a condo from an AirBnB site months ago and booked our airline tickets with miles.

So this morning I get an email from the property management dude from AirBnB and our condo is no longer available??? So they are offering another condo, slightly cheaper, and if that doesn't work they have some properties in a town 15 min away.

As if an out of town marathon isn't stressful enough, ugh, now I'm wondering if they actually WILL have our condo for us when we arrive???? 

A friend of mine had that happened for the Boston Marathon. I think it's happening more and more, ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

15 miles done.

Rumor had been the cutoff was above 5 minutes, but the rumor missed by a tiny bit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

15 miles done.

Rumor had been the cutoff was above 5 minutes, but the rumor missed by a tiny bit.

People applying week 1 all the way down to 5:00 were already getting acceptance notifications last week, so it was known it had to be <5.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

People applying week 1 all the way down to 5:00 were already getting acceptance notifications last week, so it was known it had to be <5.

Sorry, I meant around 5 minutes, not necessarily above.  I had friends with 5+ that were accepted but my friends at below 5 were accepted today.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Oh. And some of you may remember I'm planning on running the Hamilton Marathon in early Nov. Dh and I rented a condo from an AirBnB site months ago and booked our airline tickets with miles.

So this morning I get an email from the property management dude from AirBnB and our condo is no longer available??? So they are offering another condo, slightly cheaper, and if that doesn't work they have some properties in a town 15 min away.

As if an out of town marathon isn't stressful enough, ugh, now I'm wondering if they actually WILL have our condo for us when we arrive???? 

This happened to several people this year at Boston. One runner had her  room cancelled a week before the race. One person had two different condos cancel.

GinnyinPA

8.5 miles on the TM.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 on the treadmill.

Baboon, ,that sucks that the swim was cancelled. Do they offer the ability to defer to a different race?

ROS, that is definitely stressful for your race. On the bright side, better to find out now rather than when you show up.

Cyberic

This happened to several people this year at Boston. One runner had her  room cancelled a week before the race. One person had two different condos cancel.

Nightmare Sad

delicate flower

Baboon, ,that sucks that the swim was cancelled. Do they offer the ability to defer to a different race?

They do not.  Everybody signs up for triathlons knowing this is a possibility.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Baboon - I feel for you about the cancelled swim.  I saw some footage of the flooding going on in Tennessee, and it looks like they really had not choice, though with the speed of the flooded river, it might have been a record pace for the swim.  Good luck this weekend.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12