Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies - Let it be Sunny Damn it! (Read 37 times)

I've worn compression socks for recovery, but haven't worn them while running. Seems like a lot of people do though.

Ran 5 yesterday before my 12 hour shift and the plan was to get up and run 12 before work today, and totally slept through my alarm So I'll only be at 22.4 miles this week instead of 34. I only work until 7 so might try to get a few in on the dreadmill, but I have a trauma certification I have to study for for Tuesday. Plan was 37 miles next week and a 14 mile LR, but now thinking maybe I should just aim for 30 miles and a 10-11 mile LR? Idk

IMHO, more miles is better than fewer miles. You're welcome.

Dave

LRB

I think it all depends on how frequently you take the meds. If it becomes a daily thing & even pre-run, probably not the best idea. If it's a once a month thing, probably not a reason for concern

Pretty much.

I take pills so infrequently that my idea of pain killers is a single aspirin, and on the rare occasion I need more than that something is really wrong. Of course this doesn't include running related injuries, of which almost all require some type of anti-inflammatory. I've taken my share of them bitches to run though but almost never to recover. Like blueskydawg and others, I prefer to let running induced inflammation run its course.  But when I am sore as hell and need relief, my choice for recovery discomfort is usually alcohol, which I know is as worse as anything, but at least I don't have a cigarette with it. 

LRB

IMHO, more miles is better than fewer miles. You're welcome.

lol

Downside of the moderate PNW climate: I have to go mow my friggin' lawn right now. I actually had to do it a month ago, but have been continuously traveling, as well as just procrastinating because it's a swamp back there. It's pretty much up to my knees now. I really need a goat.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Downside of the moderate PNW climate: I have to go mow my friggin' lawn right now. I actually had to do it a month ago, but have been continuously traveling, as well as just procrastinating because it's a swamp back there. It's pretty much up to my knees now. I really need a goat.

I am sure Seattle allow goats in the yard.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Because I'm too lazy to go quote relevant posts.... recovery compression is different than compression you are intended to move in....  Literally my zoot recovery tights are TIGHT, nothing like what I run in (yes, correct sizing too).   I think they know you aren't trying to run in this stuff so you really get some good compression.   I think it makes a difference.   I would try that before taking an NSAID.

So, of course because of my travel schedule I am yet again having to move my RD from Mon to Tues, and do my Tues workout on Mon. But that has me doing 13 tomorrow, after today's 17/10. Which will suck.

Schedule calls for 13, 15, 5, 10 w/5 tempo, 5, 18. So I could pull in one of the 5's (prob the 2nd one) to tomorrow. The B2B 13-15 sucks, but presumably there's some kind of training benefit to it, and splitting it up will defeat the purpose. (The purpose of course being to cause me immense suffering.)

Dave

LRB

Because I'm too lazy to go quote relevant posts.... recovery compression is different than compression you are intended to move in....  Literally my zoot recovery tights are TIGHT, nothing like what I run in (yes, correct sizing too).   I think they know you aren't trying to run in this stuff so you really get some good compression.   I think it makes a difference.   I would try that before taking an NSAID.

The one time my legs were throbbing so bad that I wished I had some of those, was the night after a long run when I "iced" my legs post-run in the lake. Geezus, that shit was awful! It was basically delayed onset muscle soreness to the 25th fuckin' power. lol

Docket_Rocket

So, of course because of my travel schedule I am yet again having to move my RD from Mon to Tues, and do my Tues workout on Mon. But that has me doing 13 tomorrow, after today's 17/10. Which will suck.

Schedule calls for 13, 15, 5, 10 w/5 tempo, 5, 18. So I could pull in one of the 5's (prob the 2nd one) to tomorrow. The B2B 13-15 sucks, but presumably there's some kind of training benefit to it, and splitting it up will defeat the purpose. (The purpose of course being to cause me immense suffering.)

When I used Pfitz, I had to switch weeks like that due to work. I would do 5, RD, 15, 13, 10 if you can survive, 5 and 18.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I would do 5, 13, 15, 10 with tempo

JUST KIDDING. I would die!

I would do 5, 13, 15, 10 with tempo

JUST KIDDING. I would die!

Ha. I'm not ruling out death.

I think I'll want a 5 tomorrow, and I think I'll need one after 13-15 too. Doing 18 the day after the tempo will be no picnic, but then again he gives you 18 the day after racing a 10k.

Dave