Beginners and Beyond

The zombie dead horse beats on: the latest update from RWOL (Read 881 times)

xor

The man said he was disappointed. Never said it was "in us". Maybe he was disappointed with our LEAVING. Maybe you should ask him what he meant. Straight out of the horse's mouth and all.

Im talking about the idea of the STORY and CLAIM that made the rounds here about a week ago.  "The idea of..."

not lazy, just tired

that dance is 5 minutes of watusi/pony followed by 1 minute of slow side-to-side "8th grade boy dance"

Ah, memories.

Not if it makes sense.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Correct.  And once I effed up and forgot (in that silly sermon thread), I couldn't go back and undo it.  It is just feature #1000 on the list of stuff that Pluck really sucks at.  As I posted over there, it seems that Pluck (or design whatever media) does not employ a usability expert.  But, hey, now your banana can dance again.

Anyone with dual citizenship, heed the warning... turn off email notification.

(it is still a complete no-go on my android phone and slow as molasses on a computer.)

I have yet to confirm that it works as intended, but just underneath the <New Post> button is an <Unsubscribe> button. That should allow turning off email notifications for indivdual threads.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

xor

It works...sort of. If you remember to hit it. if you dont, you cant go back and undo. further, if you post again and uncheck it, well, you are still hosed because you had previously chosen it. except you hadnt. you had just forgotten to unchoose. it is a good example of a user hostile feature because of this. and you have to remember to unchoose each and every single time you post. even in a thread you already told no.

Mr MattM

It works...sort of. If you remember to hit it. if you dont, you cant go back and undo. further, if you post again and uncheck it, well, you are still hosed because you had previously chosen it. except you hadnt. you had just forgotten to unchoose. it is a good example of a user hostile feature because of this. and you have to remember to unchoose each and every single time you post. even in a thread you already told no.

You can unsubscribe.  In Explorer, I had to switch to compatibility view mode and then I could hit the unsubscribe button at the top of the thread...

be curious; not judgmental

xor

No shit? I dont have that button at all. nice. more investigation is required.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You can unsubscribe.  In Explorer, I had to switch to compatibility view mode and then I could hit the unsubscribe button at the top of the thread...

There's still the issue SRL noted that when you post again the default is to subscribe to the thread so you need to uncheck a small box or go back and unsubscribe again if you forget.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mr MattM

There's still the issue SRL noted that when you post again the default is to subscribe to the thread so you need to uncheck a small box or go back and unsubscribe again if you forget.

Yep.  That's why it's best to just change your account settings to stop RWOL from sending you ANY notifications.  Then you don't have to care about it.

be curious; not judgmental

Nevrgivup

This is what I did when I posted in the dailies today. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Only if they do that little dance. You know the one...Do the Galloway!

Is this the Galloway?

Walk-Jogger

Retired &  Loving It

I've been saying all along they're going to parlay all that spam traffic into their numbers somehow.

Chasing the bus

"I don't feel turdy".

Lurkin this thread for days, and finally get it...Original VH. And, I concur, it's Tardy (can't ya hear the other side? It was pretty good writing, the implied teacher..."your tardy again, Mr. Roth...").

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                            Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

catwhoorg

Labrat

That part I really don't get, and I don't understand why he is still posting there either. I've had loyalty to a group of people, but never to a particular message board platform or location or whatever. It strikes me as odd, but then I was never really around enough to truly get to "know" Moth. Still, I miss his presence here.

The USENET is still where it is at...

(I shudder to think how many years it has been since I looked at a Usenet group)

Times change, RWOL is basically part of the past for me. (2013 game excepted)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Dead horse indeed. Yawn.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54