Beginners and Beyond

Single people: Who moved on over? (Read 917 times)

SusanRachel

Hmm, you could stick around for a year, figure out whether you want to tie the knot, and then move together to wherever.  Or I could butt out of trying to plan your life.  That would be another option.  Wink

socutemd

Hmm, you could stick around for a year, figure out whether you want to tie the knot, and then move together to wherever.  Or I could butt out of trying to plan your life.  That would be another option.  Wink

Haha.  It's ok, I always appreciate input.  I keep thinking really big thoughts like the things you said, but I'm trying to just stay in the moment and avoid overanalyzing.  He's very laid-back and does not feel an obsessive need to plan, while simultaneously seeming to respect my difficult schedule.  I'm not sure if he's picked up on my near-pathologic need to have a plan, as I try not to wave that crazy flag too early, but he's pretty perceptive so my guess is that he has.

SusanRachel

My mom and stepdad are like that.  He's pretty mellow.  She has lists for everything.  It works pretty well for them because he does not get wrapped around the axle about much of anything so she can plan to her heart's content.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Quiet weekend for everyone? I'm sitting here having dinner, tossed salad, rice pilaf, and chicken breast marinated in Italian dressing accompanied by a glass of Pinot Grigio, and realized I haven't seen any activity here for a while. As far as running my year is starting off great. It's finally warmed up enough that I was able to run intervals on the track yesterday. I have my first races of the year this Sunday, 800m and mile, so I needed to get in some speedwork desparately. I hope to run another interval workout Wednesday. I think the post holiday rush at work has finally slowed. By the end of the week it may be back to normal.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

SusanRachel

Nice weekend for me.  Lots of running, dinner with some friends Sunday, tried very hard not to think about work.  Today, on the other hand... Tongue  I *so* need to get out of here.  I need a real job on a real airfield doing real aviation medicine.  Maybe I should just quit the Army.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Nice weekend for me.  Lots of running, dinner with some friends Sunday, tried very hard not to think about work.  Today, on the other hand... Tongue  I *so* need to get out of here.  I need a real job on a real airfield doing real aviation medicine.  Maybe I should just quit the Army.

Transfer to the Air Force?

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

SusanRachel

I was more thinking the Coast Guard.  Great aviation mission.  Plenty of rotary wing flying.  And everyone except drug runners loves the Coasties.

RabbitChaser

Just make sure you make the 5' height requirement, that way if you have to abandon ship you can stand with your head above the water. Smile

SusanRachel

Just make sure you make the 5' height requirement, that way if you have to abandon ship you can stand with your head above the water. Smile

Just barely!  5'1 when I stretch.  But they do have life vests so standing isn't necessary.

RabbitChaser

That's good to know. At least you'll be safe. Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First track meet of the indoor season is complete and rates a success:

Phila Mstrs Track Meet RRs

I was also nice to meet up with a lot of running friends whom I see only at the track meets.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

socutemd

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone.  Hope all is well.  Sure is quiet around here!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone.  Hope all is well.  Sure is quiet around here!

It's still quiet. Winter doldrums?

I sometimes run with a local D3 college team since the campus is only a quarter mile from home. Yesterday my work schedule managed to cooperate so I was able to get to their track meet at another nearby college to watch them race and cheer. It was a great excuse to get out of my apartment for something besides work, grocery shopping, and running. I lead such and exciting life. Roll eyes

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

SusanRachel

So are people giving up on this thread?  It has been too quiet here lately.

I thought I had a couple of possible new jobs to move to, but everything is falling through and I can feel myself slipping away.  When you have no family and work is miserable, that means life is miserable too.  There is nothing to fall back on.  I just want to stare at a wall for 20 months, but after that, I have no idea what I want to do.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So are people giving up on this thread?  It has been too quiet here lately.

I thought I had a couple of possible new jobs to move to, but everything is falling through and I can feel myself slipping away.  When you have no family and work is miserable, that means life is miserable too.  There is nothing to fall back on.  I just want to stare at a wall for 20 months, but after that, I have no idea what I want to do.

For the short term you could cheer for a Syracuse win over Louisville.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K