Beginners and Beyond

WednesDailies (Read 19 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Morning all,

Missed posting yesterday but looks like everyone has nagging injuries...  My hips are good, ankle/foot still nagging but very slowly seems to be getting better.

Did an interval workout on the bike yesterday and a leg session. Today was a steady state effort for 80 mins. Hoping to do a treadmill run tonight, or tomorrow night, on the way home from work. Work has been nuts lately but. hopefully, a little more sane the rest of the month

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 on the treadmill.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Day two of what I hope will be a short break from running.  With luck, I'll be back at it on Friday.

Perhaps in addition to a race list we need an injury list where we can share our multiple aches, pains, and infirmities.  

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

sdWhiskers

3 miles. Early meeting and poor sleep so that's all I got. No injuries! Unless weight gain due to uncontrolled junk eating falls within that category...

sdWhiskers

Morning all,

Missed posting yesterday but looks like everyone has nagging injuries...  My hips are good, ankle/foot still nagging but very slowly seems to be getting better.

Did an interval workout on the bike yesterday and a leg session. Today was a steady state effort for 80 mins. Hoping to do a treadmill run tonight, or tomorrow night, on the way home from work. Work has been nuts lately but. hopefully, a little more sane the rest of the month

Good to see you still getting it done! Hopefully more running than biking is in your future.

Docket_Rocket

Day two of what I hope will be a short break from running.  With luck, I'll be back at it on Friday.

Perhaps in addition to a race list we need an injury list where we can share our multiple aches, pains, and infirmities.  

We can call it the Fuck, we are getting old thread.

I have 6 after work. In the office after 10 days of WFH. Boo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

We can call it the Fuck, we are getting  ARE F-ing old thread.

I have 6 after work. In the office after 10 days of WFH. Boo.

Workday rest, recover from yesterday’s 3000 swim so I can try doing it again tomorrow

addendum…. I’ll will be 68 tomorrow I’ve  passed the ‘getting old’ period

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Add me to the out of control eating category

5 miles today

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

So, we ordered the Teslas on Monday before Trixie started going downhill. Then, I got the VIN # yesterday and applied for the lease today and I think I'm getting the car next week?

That Escalated Quickly GIFs | Tenor

Meanwhile, hubby hasn't received anything for his, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Me too. I bought a bag of Goetz's caramel crimes. I should know better than to buy them.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

5 miles today

Wednesdays are the worst for me - the office is stocked with free snacks.  Even if they're "healthy" snacks like pack of nuts, 200 calories is 200 more calories that I probably didn't need.

Half Crazy K 2.0

On cruel office snacks....yesterday was a professional day (no students in the building), so lots of food.  Someone put a bag of apples in an oreo box. Sucks when you want a damn cookie and there are only apples.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

On cruel office snacks....yesterday was a professional day (no students in the building), so lots of food.  Someone put a bag of apples in an oreo box. Sucks when you want a damn cookie and there are only apples.

That's beyond cruel.

Docket_Rocket

We didn't have snacks at the office today. Sad

Switching my rest day to today. Busy and the driving in a downpour in traffic until now didn't help.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

No, just keep that in the dailies, otherwise you eliminate 80% of the conversation here. 

Late night & early morning, it was an effort to squeeze in 6 miles. I went out before 6 AM so it was dark, but lol at needing a headlamp to run on the strip. I’m not really feeling trying to figure out how to manage a workout.

Dave