Beginners and Beyond

Boxing Day Penguins Want to Run (Read 14 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

I need to run off some of yesterday's excess calories anyhow.  I wanted to run yesterday, because it was so nice outside, but my stomach was too full.  Ben is sick today, so we took him to the vet instead of out on a walk. He's been vomiting and has a bad case of hives. We have no idea what he got into or when, but he's really suffering.   Poor baby. I need to get to the store to pick up some chicken to boil up, so I'll probably run in town for a few miles.

Zelanie

Poor Ben!  I hope that you are able to find out what's causing him to feel so sick!  Have a nice run later.

I will run with the Monday group, if they're meeting tonight.  Otherwise, I'll run something.

We just made an appointment to take Zoe back up to see the veterinary neurologist where she had her surgery a couple of years ago.  She's still doing way better than she was back then, but she's been more and more lame after exercise, and has been squealing in pain whenever a person or dog makes contact with her back end.  Not sure what we'll do about it, but might as well get a diagnosis.

PADRunner

Gym was closed today so I rode for 12.

GinnyinPA

I had a nice fastish flat run in town, seven miles.

Ben has slept most of the day, but he ate his rice and chicken and was happy to go outside afterwards. The hives and itching seem to be gone.