Beginners and Beyond

Waaaah! I think my FR 205 is dying. What to do? (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

I found the 910xt for $185 new at the Factory Outlet Store. Supposedly a 20 hour battery life and is has a nice bonus, a barometric altimeter.

I have the 910 (last Garmin I ever bought). It still had half of it's battery after my 8 hour 50K, so battery lasts a long time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

If you want to go all out, the Garmin Epix is currently on sale at 423$

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-01247-00-epix/dp/B00S776RW8

The Epix has all the bells and whistles a Garmin can have.

Docket_Rocket

I was going to say to check the Fenix whatever number they are up to now because that is made for trail hikers, runners, and ultrarunners and it was supposed to have like 20 hours of battery when I purchased the Fenix 1 (not sure now).  But that one is expensive.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Did you buy it?

Yes, I did, though my FR 205 seems to have revived itself after sitting for 24 hours. I'm waiting for delivery.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.