Beginners and Beyond

WEDnesdailies: Is this thing on? (Read 37 times)

LRB

Oh, and for those who don't know, Jay is a newlywed. So offer your condolences  congratulations the next time you see him. lol

LRB

He used to give me paces to shoot for but he stopped doing that.  I know that longer intervals are slower, and shorter intervals are faster.

Whatever works yo. You killed it today that's for sure!

workinprogress11

Nice workouts all.

6 for me.

Docket_Rocket

Daniels' tempo pace is slightly slower than 10k pace. I think Pfitz and the Hansons' is slower than that.

Pfitz is between 15K to HMP but those are 4-7 miles long tempo miles, so that's why.  At those shorter intervals it's better running faster or near 10K for them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, and for those who don't know, Jay is a newlywed. So offer your condolences  congratulations the next time you see him. lol

I saw!  They look so cute!

Great job, baboon!

7 miles on the TM.  Didn't tighten the shoe much so my achilles was sore at the end.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Got yelled at by a trustee today.  yelled and called a bully.  All I did was file some objections.  I mean, if you don't do your job properly, it's us that tell you to do it.  You don't then I become a bully.  Bah.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Pfitz is between 15K to HMP but those are 4-7 miles long tempo miles, so that's why.  At those shorter intervals it's better running faster or near 10K for them.

Yep, a 7 mile tempo run at Daniels' tempo pace would kill you. lol

delicate flower

NCAA T&F championships on ESPNU/ESPN right now.  

<3

And of course Hansons tempo is MP.  

Dave

LRB

And of course Hansons tempo is MP.  

Going for a 12 mile tempo run are ya?

Half Crazy K 2.0

DH and I went over to a local carnival for a healthy dinner. I had pit beef and funnel cake, he had Italian sausage with peppers & onions. No rides for me, I think the only thing that wouldn't give me motion sickness was the slide.  Too stuffed to run, did upper body weights and core.

Docket_Rocket

Sounds very healthy, Half!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

He used to give me paces to shoot for but he stopped doing that.  I know that longer intervals are slower, and shorter intervals are faster.

With the shorter distances and such long recoveries, it makes sense to run them fast. It just seems odd to refer to it as tempo. But whatever.  Nice workout.

onemile

6 miles for me.

Haha, thanks. 10 easy, we have 6 weeks to work on a shot at BQ redemption for my better half. She had that shit for sure if Buffalo hadn't been nearly 90 degrees. (But still ran a huge PR).