Beginners and Beyond

Weekenddailies (Read 19 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

A miserable 10k run this morning. Tummy issues. boo

Had new furniture delivered today. Yay.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles with sdWhisker's workout of 4x1 minute, 4 x 2 min & 4 x 3 min. Was going to do them on the parking lot loop, but there was a very timid new driver practicing, so I gave her a wide berth.

BerthaSlayer, ugh on the stomach issues. At some point, we need to get new sofas in our den. The current ones are pushing 20 years, DH rotates them every few months because we each have our spots and they mold to us.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

BerthaSlayer - Sorry to hear about the tummy issues.  Making it 10k on a sour stomach is a feat on its own.

HCK - Wise to yield to the student driver.  We had the foam in our couch cushions replaces a while back - it probably gave our couch a few more years, though the material on the arm rests is wearing thin now.

I ran in a 10k trail race today.  2 laps of a 5k course.  My goal was to finish the first lap before the 5k runners started ½ an hour after the 10k.  I did that with about 10 seconds to spare, so I had come company for the first mile of my second loop (my son, in the 5k, passed me a quarter mile in).  I just missed breaking a hour, posting 1:00:01.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

sdWhiskers

4 miles with a killer headache.  I got a Tdap shot (its been 10 yrs) on Thurs and 24 h later felt kinda awful. Almost wondered if they gave me Covid booster by mistake! Today is still awful... achy, nauseous and headache. Finally went out at like 1030am to see if a jog would help. Nope. Covid negative so I don't know wtf.

Also returned to see a neighbor working on our communal mailbox. Some asshole pried the back off last night and stole everything 

sdWhiskers

Had new furniture delivered today. Yay.

Fun! We keep talking about replacing our couch but then Kid spills something on it. Guess we'll wait a few more years.

15 miles with the group, in mid-40s and drizzle.

4 miles with a killer headache.  I got a Tdap shot (its been 10 yrs) on Thurs and 24 h later felt kinda awful. Almost wondered if they gave me Covid booster by mistake! Today is still awful... achy, nauseous and headache. Finally went out at like 1030am to see if a jog would help. Nope. Covid negative so I don't know wtf.

Also returned to see a neighbor working on our communal mailbox. Some asshole pried the back off last night and stole everything 

When I went into the pharmacy for my shingles vax, I get into the little room, and just as she’s getting ready to jab me she says “OK, this is the Pfizer vaccine.” I said “NO!” She stopped and looked puzzled. I had to explain what I was there for. I had made a shingles appointment and filled out their form when I arrived. I guess they just automatically assumed everyone was there for COVID shots. Nice system they have.

FFS on the mailbox. What the hell is the matter with people. They had to lock some of the park bathrooms near me due to vandalism. We’re not talking graffiti—stuff was getting destroyed. Just why?? That’s all I need, less access to bathrooms on my route.

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

15 miles with the group, in mid-40s and drizzle.

When I went into the pharmacy for my shingles vax, I get into the little room, and just as she’s getting ready to jab me she says “OK, this is the Pfizer vaccine.” I said “NO!” She stopped and looked puzzled. I had to explain what I was there for. I had made a shingles appointment and filled out their form when I arrived. I guess they just automatically assumed everyone was there for COVID shots. Nice system they have.

FFS on the mailbox. What the hell is the matter with people. They had to lock some of the park bathrooms near me due to vandalism. We’re not talking graffiti—stuff was getting destroyed. Just why?? That’s all I need, less access to bathrooms on my route.

Same here. And with the water fountains too

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Fun! We keep talking about replacing our couch but then Kid spills something on it. Guess we'll wait a few more years.

After we paid $10k or so for new carpeting in almost all the rooms upstairs, the guy made a comment about how some people wait when they have older pets (our dog was 8 or so at the time). She nearly chsistened the carpet day 1. Luckily I had a pair of short on the floor that she mostly barfed on. I was just glald it didn't require a vet visit, it would have been mortifying to tell the vet what the dog ate. That's a strong reaction to the tdap.

DavePNW, yikes. At least they verified before they gave you the shot.

Half Crazy K 2.0

With park bathrooms, they have cages for POPs in the city to prevent them from being tipped over or from drugs being done in them.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! Gorgeous here today but my lower back is killing me. My sacrum must be out of place because ouch today. Quit at mile 4 (it didn't feel horrible but I could still feel it), then did a Pilates reformer session by myself. Two weeks without Pilates is a no.

Trixie got a change of ABx and a shot for vomiting. Hoping she starts to improve.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

With park bathrooms, they have cages for POPs in the city to prevent them from being tipped over or from drugs being done in them.

Here, they also like to remove all the doors from the stalls 

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

10 miles for me today.  It was a little hard, but then I looked at my log and discovered I haven't run that far in over two months, so no wonder it felt like an effort.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

1700 leisurely swim…. But that’s not the interesting part of the day.

I’m out for a walk at Burke lake, beginning at the South Run feeder trail, have been to that start point is probably 3 years….

and a beaver has moved in๐Ÿ˜€

Here, they also like to remove all the doors from the stalls 

Welcome to the world of men’s rooms. That’s not too uncommon. The boys’ bathrooms at my high school had no doors on the stalls. Then again, I think I managed to go through 4 years there without ever using one.

Dave