Beginners and Beyond

Thymoleptic Thursday Penguins (Read 25 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

For the scienc-y folks!

Heisenberg and Schrödinger are driving, and get pulled over. Heisenberg is in the driver's seat, the officer asks "do you know how fast you were going?" Heisenberg replies, "No, but I know exactly where I am!" The officer looks at him confused and says "you were going 108 miles per hour!" Heisenberg throws his arms up and cries, "Great! Now I'm lost!"

The officer, now more confused and frustrated orders the men outside of the car, and proceeds to inspect the vehicle. He opens the trunk and yells at the two men, "Hey! Did you guys know you have a dead cat back here?" Schrödinger angrily yells back, "We do now, jerk!"

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with your training for the half, Baconista!  Where is the 'Two Cities" located?

Congrats on the 7 miles Damaris.  Enjoy the well-earned massage.

Glad your legs are feeling better, Jack!  Still...go down any stairs backwards for a while, easier on the quads.

Good luck with your competition, HsM! Have fun with it!  Nice thing about San Antonio..it was 37 this morning when I got up...but it warms up very quickly around here, thank goodness.  We had big winds around here yesterday and part of my back yard fence got blown down. I need to get a new fence put in but we can't swing it just yet.  So UNHANDY-MAN me got the fence back up to where it will stay put for a while....but I probably need to send a photo  of my work to that site "Redneck Repairs"...cuz it sure ain't pretty, lol.

Traci, so sorry you have not found any solution yet.  No doc has checked you for compartment syndrome?  Checked your bone density in your shins?  Etc., etc...    You might try working on speedwalking.  Some of those folks go as fast as some of the speedy runners do! At the races I do locally, we have lots of folks who do the speedwalk/powerwalk thing.  Gail does it at some of my events and she finishes only about 10 minutes or so behind me!  So this might give you an option to keep on getting out there, with less discomfort to your shins.  Whatever you decide, I sure wish you all the luck!

Brown air, uggg...what is the brown stuff in the air?  You don't have flying cows there do you, Cherie? 

Glad your hamstrings are feeling good, Ginny!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

ARen't we full of jokes today:

I knew it was a cheap hotel when I called down to the front desk to tell them "I've got a leak in my sink"...and the guy said "Go ahead!"

LMAO@ Scotty!

HsM-  LMFAO, I gotta forward this one to my DH.  He'll really appreciate it.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

From the Internet.

Ugh Traci I am so sorry Sad I would let you share my shins if I could, they're mostly behaving these days. Lots of treadmill miles though, they can't do 2 days in a row on the roads yet (found that out the hard way two weeks ago).

I got in 4.1 on the treadmill this morning with 5x1 min pickups in the low 9 minute/high 8 minute pace range. Drank too much coffee beforehand and felt heavy/sloshy for basically the entire run  Thank goodness for Netflix, it did a decent job distracting me from how gross I felt. I'm ahead of schedule for my weekly mileage goal so I might give the ol' legs tomorrow off from running.

Dad on the run.

Traci - have you tried doing drills where you run backwards?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Traci - have you tried doing drills where you run backwards?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I had a great post, and then I lost it.  Phone posting Sad

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Don't worry.  I have screwed up the same way while on the computer.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Traci - No ideas just hope you can find something that works.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Doc ordered an xray to make sure that its not the bone or arthritis.  Probably ligaments or meniscus.  I can slowly start elliptical/bike/running again soon since the pain is subsiding quickly.  If it returns, well do the MRI.  I'll just take it easy the next few days and not worry about it.  Only feel bad that DW has to run solo.  Maybe I'll send her back to Miami to run with DR.

Sorry about the shin splints Traci. Wish I could help.

Docket_Rocket

Doc ordered an xray to make sure that its not the bone or arthritis.  Probably ligaments or meniscus.  I can slowly start elliptical/bike/running again soon since the pain is subsiding quickly.  If it returns, well do the MRI.  I'll just take it easy the next few days and not worry about it.  Only feel bad that DW has to run solo.  Maybe I'll send her back to Miami to run with DR.

Sorry about the shin splints Traci. Wish I could help.

Sorry to hear this.  Hope is something minor. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Jerry, maybe you can ride a bike beside her while she runs.

Traci, , I am so sorry you can't find the fix. I only had shin splints one time, and I just had to stop, period! I quit for about 3-4 months, then started back real slow, but I know exactly what caused mine, so I was able to fix mine.

2 RD's with one more tomorrow, then race day on Sat. My youngest grandson has been attending "Space Camp" at the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center all week, and tomorrow morning will be "graduation. I can't wait to her him tell us all about it. We will be going over, and hopefully I can snag a few pics.

Bin Running

Traci, sorry abt the SS.. I had it when I first started.. But i had it to thanks as I found RW and subsequently RA while I am researching for a fix. Hope you found something soon..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar