Beginners and Beyond

hog4life's New 8k PR With Bella; Video Link Added to Bottom of OP (Read 52 times)

RabbitChaser

Great job, Mitch! Congratulations to you and Bella on running a very strong race. It's great being able to run the same race every year and see you're improvement! Thanks for sharing the RR and pics.

Eric

Docket_Rocket

Congrats to you and Bella!  TJ must be very happy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

What a beautiful and fast dog! Congratulations on the PR, Mitch! You look so happy in your pics. It makes me happy in return. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats on a new PR, and Bella is one fine looking Dobie. She looks like a great running partner Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

hog4life

Thank you to everyone for all the kind words, I really appreciate it. I feel very fortunate, and grateful, to be able to do what I can.

And a special shout out to Robert, you have no idea how TJ continues to touch me. You and Angie are the best!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Awww such a cute dog and wonderful running partner :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Nice running! Congrats on the PR at the 8k distance.

- Andrew

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Congrats on a wonderful day, Mitch. Bella is a beauty for sure, and your shirt made me a little misty-eyed. That's just the coolest.

Ric-G

great pics and great progression in your times...nice job!

marathon pr - 3:16

SheCan

Great RR, Mitch!   You all were fast!  Congratulations on the huge PR and on the 3rd place AG to you and 1st place (top dog) dog finisher to Bella.  Love the proud smile on your face.  You all did fantastic and she's a beautiful pet.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice video-add, Mitch, well done!  Altho I was getting a bit dizzy there toward the end, lol, since I have a touch of vertigo and 'fast motion' and closeup stuff sometimes kicks it up...one reason I can never watch 3D movies.   It doesn't bother you wearing that camera on your head, seems like it would be a bit awkward when running

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

I watched the video, and no offense Mitch, but it looks like you are holding Bella back from a bigger PR.  Time for you to up your game, man.  LOL

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

Thank you to everyone for all the kind words, I really appreciate it. I feel very fortunate, and grateful, to be able to do what I can.

And a special shout out to Robert, you have no idea how TJ continues to touch me. You and Angie are the best!

Running for TJ because he can't.