Beginners and Beyond

August 2013 Racing Thread (Read 59 times)

Mmmmm...beer

I keep forgetting about the monthly race thread!  I have my first ever miler tomorrow, very excited.  Overall goal is anything sub-6, but I'm shooting for 5:40.  My fastest mile to date is 6:05 and that was the first mile of my 5k PR.

08/17 Dtothe2nd - Strider Mile (Goal: sub-6, shooting for 5:40)

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hip Redux

I keep forgetting about the monthly race thread!  I have my first ever miler tomorrow, very excited.  Overall goal is anything sub-6, but I'm shooting for 5:40.  My fastest mile to date is 6:05 and that was the first mile of my 5k PR.

08/17 Dtothe2nd - Strider Mile (Goal: sub-6, shooting for 5:40)

Good luck and go get it!

Mmmmm...beer

Good luck and go get it!

Thanks! Nailed it with a 5:39 Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Just B.S.

Beth this will be no fun run!!  It's on (just kidding). I look forward to at least starting with you, but don't want to slow you down. My heel issue went okay yesterday when I ran 14.25 with 2 friends, and am also hoping for sub 2:00. It should be a lot of fun, and I look forward to the whole trip!!

Mission accomplished!!! Epic fun on a hilly race with my buddy RSX and just under sub 2 for both of us on a perfect running day. It was so cool watching him cross the finish line just seconds before me  with another friend in between and tons of friends watching.

My friend who was the pacer on my first sub 2 in 2010 at the same race was directing traffic at the last turn about 200 feet from the finish and I heard him shout " Beth   go get that sub 2" that felt freaking awesome!!!!

bluerun

Super B****

Back with results for the Jackrabbit Battle of Brooklyn 10 miler -- 1:22:43, so I didn't PR, which is good in this case!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

No official result for my 15K yet but I am pretty sure my Garmin is within a second or 2..... 1:34:27. Goal to PR: nailed it HA! That was easy , default PR as it was my first. Time goal: I finally decided on aiming for a 10:00 min mile pace. My Garmin has a 10:03 pace for 9.4 miles, official result will reflect a slower average for 9.3 but whatever, calling this a winner. Goal to FE: two thumbs up for meeting Jess and George! And I had a blast!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

bluerun

Super B****

08/25 -- NYCRUNS Shore Road Summer Classic Mini-Series 10K -- goal, sub-50:00 (and placing would be nice)

chasing the impossible

Will run for scenery.

8/18 - Pike's Peak Marathon - Finished in 7:06

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

8/23 Self-Transcendence Marathon (Goal: Finish) - 5:47:51 RR to follow.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

08/25 -- NYCRUNS Shore Road Summer Classic Mini-Series 10K -- goal, sub-50:00 (and placing would be nice)

48:16, third female OA

chasing the impossible

PADRunner

8/25 Hottest Half 10k, Don't Die, Finish <1:20

I didn't die.

I finished

1:15:04

3 for 3

Docket_Rocket

Sorry for the delay but everything has been updated!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page