Beginners and Beyond

Brooksie Way HM race report (Read 67 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Nice job! Your splits are pretty impressive as you maintained control going down and didn't overextend yourself going up the hill.  Good job on the 8:02 last mile and still have some kick at the end .

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

tracilynn

Congrats on your new and well deserved PR.  Those are hills!  Wow.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I might have to look at Detroit in 2015.  It's hard to say no with all of the great reviews I keep hearing.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Congrats on the new PR, c0de!

Strong race on those hills.  The sunrise pic is beautiful even with porta-potties, nice job.

SheCan

Congratulations to you (and your wife)!  You've certainly improved a lot since you've started running.  So cool that you ran into LRB;  not surprised he was cool.  Beautiful sunrise picture!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your race and the PR.   Nice, too, you got to meet LRB!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I am guessing you will pr in Detroit. That looks like a long, tough and tedious hill you had to climb, but I bet the Beer made it worth it. Good work.

happylily

Excellent PR, congratulations! Those hills... wow!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010