Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies FTW (Read 45 times)

KCRuns

Thanks for all the PR love this week!

I got out for 4 recovery miles this morning. I’m going to have to start setting an alarm for my weekend runs alone, it’s too hot now to just go run whenever I wake up. I bought a new watch, the Vivoactive 3, and set it up yesterday afternoon. It had 26% battery out of the box and died this morning just after my turnaround, so I didn’t get to play with it much on the run today.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Glad I ran early. Apparently my usual route is now under water.

Coastal

KC:  Nice recovery.  Let us know how the watch works out?

HC:  Why is your route under water?

PR:  Your legs are wise -- some recovery's probably a good idea.  You've been a machine lately.

Nice miles, Cyber.

Fred:  Nice workout.  Too bad your group didn't show.

Onemile:  That is too hot for me.  I don't know how you manage.  Nice pics.

Docket:  Heck of a start to the season.  Hope it is a mild one this time.

LRB:  Your run sounds a bit better than blerg...

Baboon:  That wind sounds tough -- but it makes for a mixed effort workout.

SDWhiskers:  Those lake runs sound great - -other than the heat, that is.  Lake pictures?

Jay:  I don't know how you managed that time under those conditions.

Got in 9.2 miles.  Messed around planning some summer car camping trips this morning (GF has to schedule time off) so it was warm and full sun on my route.  Got home and it was 70 degrees in the shade.  The breeze was nice (ducking large objects being thrown across the internet   -- well, winter and spring conditions are a lot like this years Boston marathon).   I don't know how you guys can manage the heat and humidity.   Felt good and was running a little faster than usual so decided to keep doing it to see if the faster pace would have a positive affect on my knee.  Ended up running mostly in the mid 8's with 8:55 average counting the hills on the way home.  It's been a long time since I've done that.  Left the knee strap at home which seems to have been a good idea.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Coastal, my area has gotten at least 3 inches of rain in 2 hours, maybe more. There was a water rescue back in the neighborhood where I run, I'm guessing the road flooded, unless some people went down to take a look at what is probably now not a peaceful little stream and fell in. It's not somewhere that usually floods. And this is the same neighborhood locked down earlier this week. I wonder if that is a sign I should find a new route?

LRB

LRB:  Your run sounds a bit better than blerg...

I can't take the credit. I went with chocolate Cheerios for a pre-run meal. 

No issues with the conditions you run in. What sucks for one person is great for another, or vice versa, and so on. 👍

Half Crazy K 2.0

I don't know how you guys can manage the heat and humidity. 

Lots and lots of bitching. I won't complain too much about running in freezing cold (as much as I hate it), but will moan and complain all summer.

Baboon is beside himself, because there are TWO Game 7s coming up in the next two nights. All he has to do is be able to stay up late enough to watch either one.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Lots and lots of bitching. I won't complain too much about running in freezing cold (as much as I hate it), but will moan and complain all summer.

I'm the exact opposite

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

90F/75DP. Not even a tropical storm can help this shit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

SRD for me. Just working my life away. At least I’m off tomorrow. It’s supposed to cool down for my HM next week, yay

I went 2.2 miles in 33:22 this morning.

I'm about two weeks into the Zen half marathon app.

Oh, and hi everyone!

"You should wear a helmet."

Newbie runner, so be patient.

delicate flower

Wife and I just watched Alien Covenant and liked it.  That David is not very nice.

Baboon is beside himself, because there are TWO Game 7s coming up in the next two nights. All he has to do is be able to stay up late enough to watch either one.

Yeah, it sucks.

Oh, and hi everyone!

WHAT IT DO!

<3

WHAT IT DO!

Thanks for the welcome!

I know it was only 83F this morning, and I've lived in the desert for 20 years (even working outside for six of them) so I should be used to much worse, but I really hate the heat.

I definitely struggled with this run, and I'm still doing the run/walk 3min/2/min segments. I'll probably repeat it a few times just to get adjusted to the temps.