Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Runshortii

Yeah my hands would fall off in 5 minutes if I tried that shit. lol

My hands are my weak point, nothing else on me really gets cold like they do. I don't wear a hat, scarf, long johns or wool socks.

Mine too. Even today, when it was 32 and sunny I wore a pair of gloves the first couple miles.

delicate flower

Indeed!

Time for another Aaron Rodgers special?

MTA: Wow.

And I f'ing can't stand the timeout to ice the kicker.

That was awesome.  It's fun to watch teams trade punches like that instead of seeing the kickers miss.

40 seconds left in the game, 75 yards to go, two timeouts.  Aaron Rodgers got this.

<3

onemile

My neighbors just set off fireworks to celebrate

LRB

Mine too. Even today, when it was 32 and sunny I wore a pair of gloves the first couple miles.

It isn't until about the 38 degree mark (depending on the windchill) that I can shed mine.

LRB

lol

That's funny.

Docket_Rocket

Houston is a race I always wanted to run (CIM and NYC being the others). It's at a point on the schedule though that makes training for it impractical for where I live.

I signed up for 2018 already because... revenge is near (it only takes 365 days).  Lol.

thanks, guys. I kind of knew on Friday and I am OK with a DNF especially this time. I could have jogged it but feeling the leg the whole way. Didn't sound like fun.  And I could barely walk after 1.9 of running imagine after a half or a full.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I need my hands to be warm at all times.  I wear glove warmers in my gloves when it's below freezing or just above with rain.

I woke up with a nasty cold, so I'm running the rest of the miles I need as laps of the park with breaks in between.  Silly, but the only thing I'm training for right now is the pace bunny so I might as well.  And even sick, I don't like feeling like I'm just sitting on my ass all day.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nothing to celebrate here in Baltimore, but I have a neighbor who shoots off fireworks every time the Ravens score. And when they win. Even during 1pm games.

No more marathons

Saw Patriots Day today.

Goodness,  that was rough.  Not enough tissues.

We did too.  I was at first hesitant to go but glad now we did.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

My neck is my weak spot in the cold.

Long arm shirt is the first thing I wear, but that is pretty standard, then it's a buff for my neck. Then the pants. After that it's very thin gloves, and last thing is the hat. The thickness of each piece of equipment, and/or the number of layers increase linearly after that.

Anx when it gets really cold I cover my face. Most people simply don't run outside in that cold.

Hip Redux

Raynaud's makes going gloveless almost a non-option until summer.

It isn't until about the 55 degree mark (depending on the windchill) that I can shed mine.

Hip Redux

We did too.  I was at first hesitant to go but glad now we did.

Yeah, it was good.  Just really, really hard to watch, especially since you knew what to expect.  And how much it was going to hurt to relive.

I thought I was done crying and then Martin Richard's photo came up at the end....

No more marathons

Yeah, it was good.  Just really, really hard to watch, especially since you knew what to expect.  And how much it was going to hurt to relive.

I thought I was done crying and then Martin Richard's photo came up at the end....

yep  - water works

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

Saw Patriots Day today.

Goodness,  that was rough.  Not enough tissues.

I saw it last night. The camera footage stuff was a constant reminder that this really happened. And then how they had the real people on at the end. I thought it was pretty well done