Beginners and Beyond

PA peeps: Hershey 10k (Read 67 times)

Jess runs for bacon

http://www.hershey10k.com/

Anyone running this? I love running through parks (this will be my third, did one at Dorney and another at Disney) plus you get a medal, last year's the ribbon looked like a Hershey bar wrapper. We're going to make a weekend of it and check out the park both days, tickets are a lot cheaper this time of year. I haven't been to Hershey since I was a kid so I'm super excited Big grin

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

If I was in the area I'd do it!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I'm not too far away, but I'm doing the Emmaus 4 mile classic the day before! Hershey always seems to have cool race swag, one of these days I'll have to race there.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I'm not too far away, but I'm doing the Emmaus 4 mile classic the day before! Hershey always seems to have cool race swag, one of these days I'll have to race there.

I'll be there too!  And finishing much, much later than you.  Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Damn Emmaus ifrom minutes from me. Daisy probably knows this already but MJ5 you'll probably see some RW people at that race. Last Emmaus race I went to Budd Coates was there. Dude is fast. I really want to run the Hershey half but its always The same weekend as the RW half. Maybe next year.

Runny, I'm about an hour and a half, so we're getting a hotel for Saturday. It's nice that its close enough so my friends don't have to take vacation. You should go!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Hmmm...

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

YAYpril - B-Plus

I might have to go spectate the race just so I can meet you! I ran it last year, but decided not to this year.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Are the awards made out of chocolate?  Cool...get an award...and eat it!  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Scotty, I did the Hershey Half in 2011, and they had a chocolate "aid station" around the mile 11 mark.  And that year's medal was in the shape of a Hershey Kiss, but it wasn't edible. Smile