Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES and the Four Day Work Week (Read 41 times)

GinnyinPA

On our trip to Alaska this summer, we crossed into Canada (and out again) four times, so we had 8 border crossings.  The worst was the first, crossing into Canada at International Falls, because I had forgotten to leave the tiny can of mace I carry when I run at home. You'd have thought it was a bomb.  Even though I volunteered the information after they asked, I was treated as a very suspicious character and they did a half-assed search of the vehicle.  After that one, it was easy. They only asked for the dog's papers (proof of rabies vaccine) on 3 of the 8 crossings.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Why not Lake Placid?

Haven't you seen the movie? Monsters live in that lake.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Strength training. Just gotta get through this work week and I have next week off. Nice to have a full week off but only need to use 4 vacation days.

I believe 3 vacation days gets you 11 total days off come Christmas time. Depending on if you are off both Eves and if and when your company observes them.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I believe 3 vacation days gets you 11 total days off come Christmas time. Depending on if you are off both Eves and if and when your company observes them.

Yes, it does. I've taken advantage of it for the past few years. This year looks like I'll need to take 4 vacation days. We get half days for both eves, unless the observed holiday falls on Monday.

onemile

I ran 7

Docket_Rocket

I only had time for 5 after Pilates so I switched with Wednesday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Haven't you seen the movie? Monsters live in that lake.

Best response today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Best response today.

Speaking of movies, Don't Breathe?

No more marathons

Quite intense.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Not interested.  Watched The Mechanic 2 (we liked the first one) yesterday.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I am not ready for that, at all. Not exactly looking forward to running next Tuesday morning, either. (school returns)

It's been so hot here that running in the dark is still the best option.

Ran 1, in the dark.