Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES can spot runners easily (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

One or two weeks of higher mileage for me does not impact, um, female things, like it does when I do it over a long period of time.

And this.  So much this, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nice! What pace were the 1000s? HMP? 10K?

MTA: please don't tell me 5K pace 

So I guess it really was a pretty good workout. 6km is probably a little longer rep distance than I usually do. And paces ranged from  6:28-6:39. My 5k PR is 6:30 from a year and a half ago, but the one I just did a few weeks ago was 6:41.

Also, Strava tells me I set a PR on a 100m segment of the track, 22 sec. Ha.

Dave

Cyberic

So I guess it really was a pretty good workout. 6km is probably a little longer rep distance than I usually do. And paces ranged from  6:28-6:39. My 5k PR is 6:30 from a year and a half ago, but the one I just did a few weeks ago was 6:41.

Also, Strava tells me I set a PR on a 100m segment of the track, 22 sec. Ha.

If your paces in this workout were those of your 5K PR, then my deep belief is that your 5K PR is soft.

If your paces in this workout were those of your 5K PR, then my deep belief is that your 5K PR is soft.

Ha, then why couldn’t I run any faster 3 weeks ago?

Anyway, I’m probably looking at a 10k in 2 weeks, we’ll see how that goes.

Dave

Cyberic

Ha, then why couldn’t I run any faster 3 weeks ago?

Anyway, I’m probably looking at a 10k in 2 weeks, we’ll see how that goes.

I'll answer by asking you a question myself? How can you run 6 x1000m in training at 5K race pace?  Maybe it's because we're marathoners and can't race a 5K correctly?  Because you don't rest (taper) before your 5K race? I don't know, but to me it means the 5K PR could be better. It's just my belief, nothing else.

Docket_Rocket

This is how I spent my night.  The Miami Improv opened in my suburb and 2 miles from me:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page