Beginners and Beyond

Wake Up, WEDNESDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

LRB

I have Internet problems, FFS. I spent the whole day rebooting the modem, or talking to support on the phone. It keeps disconnecting, and then it takes like half an hour to get it connected again, for like 2-15 minutes. GDI!!!

Uncool.

Thanks.

8 weeks that have a mid-week 14 miler with MP or progression run and 5 weeks that have a midweek 16 with 10MP.  Ouch.  Plus six 18 milers and six 20 milers. 

Yeah. It's a monster. And a bunch of those LR's have MP miles. Like I said, something in between would be nice. The 12/70 has less quality than the Advanced plan in the book.

Dave

onemile

Yeah. It's a monster. And a bunch of those LR's have MP miles. Like I said, something in between would be nice. The 12/70 has less quality than the Advanced plan in the book.

If you don't consider long runs quality...

If you don't consider long runs quality...

Heh. OK there's an 18 and 3 20's. But you know what I mean. There is never more than 8 at MP. And only like 9 total workouts with <MP.

It just feels like it would be a cutback vs my last two cycles. Of course, not that I have the slightest clue what actually works. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I would like to see the 16/80 plan.

Me too, please?  Dave?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Me too, please?  Dave?

PM me your email address & I'll send it to you.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Tuesday,  I did an early evening run/walk at McAllister Park; haven't run there in a couple of months. Nice weather, 77 degrees - even the Sno Cone guy was in the park doing a brisk business...in December, sheesh - and ran in a singlet. Ended up with 3.4 miles. And I guess the deer in the park had missed me...cuz they welcomed me back at Mile 2....BAM! Jumped across the trail right in front of me, and down I go, right on my keister, as I backpedal. Luckily, I landed on my most padded part, lol. I swear I must be the comic relief for those darn deer, I've been knocked down by them at least 20 times in that park over the last 21 years living here; thankfully have never actually been hit by one!

Today I did a run/walk at Lackland Air Force Base.  Since I am off from the university for Christmas/New Year's break from today until January 4th, I slept in a bit today and did not even start my run/walk until abouit 11:45 a.m. from the base gym.  Very sunny, blue skies, 78 degrees.  Did a few of the pedestrian overpasses as some hill work and ended up with 3.2 miles.  Then I made a mistake and went to the base exchange store...wow...CRAZY town and long lines...and because of the holiday on Friday - usually the day classes graduate from basic training I think  the graduation date this week was Wednesday, so all the graduates and their families were all over the place too.   I managed to get a few things I needed and found a somewhat short line and then got the heck out of there.  Also encountered two of my Team RWB team-mates...and wouldn't you know it, now their names have gone right out of my head, duhhh;  but nice seeing them.   It was quite warm after my run - and I was still quite warm, even after my shower - so here I was in DECEMBER driving around with my car a/c on to cool down...go figure!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

I had a terrible swim after work.  Just terrible, terrible shitty shit cockballs.  For starters, I was tired and slow, which I can live with if I could have just finished the workout.  My feet were cramping from the get go though, and 2200 yards into my 2600 yard swim, both feet were cramping as well as my calf and I couldn't take it any more so I quit.  Meh.  Still a 1.25 mile swim, so there is that.

<3

LRB

On Tuesday,  I did an early evening run/walk at McAllister Park; haven't run there in a couple of months. Nice weather, 77 degrees - even the Sno Cone guy was in the park doing a brisk business...in December, sheesh - and ran in a singlet. Ended up with 3.4 miles. And I guess the deer in the park had missed me...cuz they welcomed me back at Mile 2....BAM! Jumped across the trail right in front of me, and down I go, right on my keister, as I backpedal. Luckily, I landed on my most padded part, lol. I swear I must be the comic relief for those darn deer, I've been knocked down by them at least 20 times in that park over the last 21 years living here; thankfully have never actually been hit by one!

Today I did a run/walk at Lackland Air Force Base.  Since I am off from the university for Christmas/New Year's break from today until January 4th, I slept in a bit today and did not even start my run/walk until abouit 11:45 a.m. from the base gym.  Very sunny, blue skies, 78 degrees.  Did a few of the pedestrian overpasses as some hill work and ended up with 3.2 miles.  Then I made a mistake and went to the base exchange store...wow...CRAZY town and long lines...and because of the holiday on Friday - usually the day classes graduate from basic training I think  the graduation date this week was Wednesday, so all the graduates and their families were all over the place too.   I managed to get a few things I needed and found a somewhat short line and then got the heck out of there.  Also encountered two of my Team RWB team-mates...and wouldn't you know it, now their names have gone right out of my head, duhhh;  but nice seeing them.   It was quite warm after my run - and I was still quite warm, even after my shower - so here I was in DECEMBER driving around with my car a/c on to cool down...go figure!

It's unseasonably warm here as well, not quite A/C weather though. lol

LRB

I had a terrible swim after work.  Just terrible, terrible shitty shit cockballs.  For starters, I was tired and slow, which I can live with if I could have just finished the workout.  My feet were cramping from the get go though, and 2200 yards into my 2600 yard swim, both feet were cramping as well as my calf and I couldn't take it any more so I quit.  Meh.  Still a 1.25 mile swim, so there is that.

So for comparisons sake, you ran 21.5 miles of a planned 22 miler before throwing in the towel. The shame of it all.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Still a 1.25 mile swim

This is all you had to say.  That's a long damn way in the water.

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

45 minutes on the treadmill because of thunderstorms. Then a short boot camp type DVD and core work.

onemile

I ran 10

Ric-G

6 miles this afternoon...dog walk tonite...xmas eve tomorrow...wow, these things get here faster every year...

marathon pr - 3:16