Beginners and Beyond

Race Report: The Walt Disney World Half Marathon (Read 453 times)

You Rang?

Did you really give her the $$? 

I played the rabbit.  Catch the Daddy, get $20. She caught me at the 3/4 mile mark and got the money.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

You Rang?

Congrats on the PR.  And how the hell are we in the Pacebook group picture and WE DIDN'T TALK TO EACH OTHER??????

I'm there!  In the middle! With the HF hat and top!

Sorry I did not get to talk to you, but we've met before and hopefully will meet again when you come down here (or in another Disney race - I am looking at the Tower of Terror 10 miler!)

Awesome job and congrats again!

I had no idea you had anything to do with Pacebook.  If I'd known you were there, I would have looked for you.  You are two rows ahead of me in the group photo.  I'm in the back row next to the guy with the Goofy hat.

Perhaps I'll see you at the Disneyland Half Marathon in Anaheim, Calif. on September 1, 2013 (hint, hint).  You'll love the Coast to Coast Medal.  I walked 8 miles with a pulled hammie to get one!

Rick

Rick 

workinprogress11

Congratulations to both you and your daughter.  I'm so glad the race went so well for you.

MrNamtor

Great job and great RR. You must be a real inspiration to your daughter

Karen M

Congratulations to you and your daughter! I love the finish pic of you both.  Smile

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

Anomalous

Awesome! So glad to read your wonderful experience this time around. Congratulations to you and your daughter!

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Great report Rick, now that the details are here it is even more impressive.

Your daughter is a real sweetheart, so pleasant.  It was nice to meet you, your DW, Marymary611 and her husband at the FE.  To others who read this report it is really worth it to make the effort to meet other forumites and expand our running universe.

While we talked about your race I had no idea you ran it so evenly and so strong.  You clearly have the drive and desire to run faster and perhaps farther.  Your committment to lose so much weight will pay dividends for all the quality time you get to spend with your DD.

You may find me at the Disneyland half in August if I can talk my DW into the 10k they have planned for Saturday.  Maybe both of us can convince Damaris to fly out west once more.

Love the photo's and your modern running attire for your speedwork on the track.  Levi's - FTW.

aponi

never runs the tangents

Nice RR. I wondered if you were going to be up for walking all around Disney after the HM. Your daughter is really cute.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Docket_Rocket

That's too much money to spend just for a HM.  Tell them to open a marathon and I'm sure to FE there. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ms Chenandler Bong

Great report Rick, now that the details are here it is even more impressive.

Your daughter is a real sweetheart, so pleasant.  It was nice to meet you, your DW, Marymary611 and her husband at the FE.  To others who read this report it is really worth it to make the effort to meet other forumites and expand our running universe.

While we talked about your race I had no idea you ran it so evenly and so strong.  You clearly have the drive and desire to run faster and perhaps farther.  Your committment to lose so much weight will pay dividends for all the quality time you get to spend with your DD.

You may find me at the Disneyland half in August if I can talk my DW into the 10k they have planned for Saturday.  Maybe both of us can convince Damaris to fly out west once more.

Love the photo's and your modern running attire for your speedwork on the track.  Levi's - FTW.

What am I, chopped liver?!?  Huh, last time I sit next to you at an FE!  Wink

Terrific RR, Lurch!  You had a game plan and stuck to it.  And it paid off.  Enjoy your vacation with your girls.  And thanks again for putting the FE together, it was great to meet you and George!

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

What am I, chopped liver?!?  Huh, last time I sit next to you at an FE!  Wink

Terrific RR, Lurch!  You had a game plan and stuck to it.  And it paid off.  Enjoy your vacation with your girls.  And thanks again for putting the FE together, it was great to meet you and George!

Hehe, dont mean to hijack this thread, but I'll wax poetically about you and your DH when I read your race report!

You Rang?

That's too much money to spend just for a HM.  Tell them to open a marathon and I'm sure to FE there. Big grin

Sorry Docket.  Disney is never going to host a Full Marathon on the West Coast.  Walt Disney World is bigger than the entire City of Anaheim.  Disney owns the Anaheim city council, so it doesn't have any permitting problems in Anaheim.  Outside of Anaheim, Disney would have a difficult time getting permits to run a marathon.  Finally, I think they would have a very difficult time trying to run a full marathon wholly within the city of Anaheim that did not loop back on itself.  Anaheim isn't that big.

If it is any consolation, Disney had the Dumbo Double Dare.  It is a 10K on Saturday and the Half on Sunday.  Its not as Bad Ass as the Goofy, but that's not stopping me from giving it a try.

Rick

Rick 

You Rang?

You may find me at the Disneyland half in August if I can talk my DW into the 10k they have planned for Saturday.  Maybe both of us can convince Damaris to fly out west once more..

Tell her that my DW is in for the Disneyland 10K.  My wife is a walker, but with a Disney Race, she'll need to become a fast walker at least for 6.2 miles.

Rick 

bobruns

Very cool!  I love the pics and the run with your daughter after.  Glad to hear it went better than W&D.  Enjoy your vacation!