Beginners and Beyond

Thank you sir, may I have another Thursdailies! (Read 49 times)

outoftheblue

4 easy miles and some core work planned for later.

LRB --  Per your comment yesterday, the nice flat marathons near me all seem to be in the central valley, which makes for a boring course and a 2 hour drive to get there.   But, I think that is what I'll do for my goal marathon next year.   HMB is really, really scenic, but those trail sections really slow me down.

Life is good.

Dad on the run.

Oski - Photography is a lot of fun. I'm not great at it but I get by and have done a lot a trial and error / self teaching Smile

What kind of camera do you have?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

delicate flower

Speaking of photography, some nice pics from my HM for a change.  I usually look like hell in my race pics.  There's like a dozen good ones in the set.  Dang.

<3

Pinktastic

Fabulous pics, Phil!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Nice pics, Phil.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ric-G

sus - have a good 10

D - good luck with the 9

tom - the moon was cool this AM

pink - greetings! hope you're doing well

baboon - now i have to see who's playing

D2 - coffee on the way here too

marjorie - nice double digits

code - good luck tonite

kristin - heartburn sucks

scotty - glad it's cooling off

jblack - good XT

brr - meetings...ugh

lrb - pain does that moving around thing...what a pain

oski - always wanted to take a photog class too

blue - nice 4

was half awake this AM when i felt a large truck go by the front of our house...two seconds later i knew it wasn't a truck but a small earthquake...stayed in bed for a bit and 20 minutes later another shaker hit...so 2 friggin earthquakes got my butt out of bed...then went out and did an easy 6 with a full moon low in the western sky...pretty cool...earthquakes, full moon something must be up....have a good day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

Speaking of photography, some nice pics from my HM for a change.

You said a dozen, I see two.

Blue, I understand.  You have done well this year, I am sure you will in a week and a half as well despite the hills.

Pinkaroni, hi!

Ric, earthquakes?  No thanks lol!

Hip Redux

Oski - Photography is a lot of fun. I'm not great at it but I get by and have done a lot a trial and error / self teaching Smile

What kind of camera do you have?

It's a Nikon D3200.   I barely know how to use the "auto" function lol

B-Plus

Great pics Phil! I'll try to post some of the crappy pics from my weekend race later or tmw.

8 miles later.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Oski, I should take a camera class. I think me (and 99% of other people) only use about 10% of the functionality in that thing.

Ric, that's pretty cool? Having a mild natural disaster wake you up and then going for a run sounds interesting.

Phil, nice pictures. I think it's the deep blue socks that make you stand out. LOL - no, really they are good pics. I was thinking about what I should do for a finish line photo on my debut marathon.

I just had a coworker drop by my desk. He's signed up for the 10k that I'm running on Saturday, but he said he's having a problem with tendonitis. He says that he has a problem for the first half mile warming up, and can feel it up until about 1.5 miles. From what he's heard if he doesn't stay off of it and get it fixed it could lead to permanent damage. Anyone else familiar with tendonitis?

- Andrew

Robert31320

Team TJ

4.2 for me this morning.  Temp and dewpoint was low enough this morning that it felt really nice.  Felt good to not have my clothes dripping wet when I finished.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

I was thinking about what I should do for a finish line photo on my debut marathon.

If you can even think about a finish line photo after your first marathon you will have done better that me. I looked like a bowl of fruit cake soup for mine.

Your friend did not give you enough info.  Tendonitis of what?

delicate flower

Pink, Docket, LRB, B-P, Brr:  Thanks!  Big grin

Phil, nice pictures. I think it's the deep blue socks that make you stand out. LOL - no, really they are good pics. I was thinking about what I should do for a finish line photo on my debut marathon. 

I'm usually good for a fist pump as I cross the finish line, but the two fists in the air were spontaneous.  There was a pretty lively crowd there cheering (you can't see them) and I was very happy with my time, as I really had some doubts going into the race that I could keep that pace for 13 miles.

Edit:  Those are blue compression sleeves on my calves.  Shoot, I don't know if they helped, but they feel good.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Have fun with the 10, SUS, and you have fun with your 9, Damaris!  Gee, Damaris, your temp for running after work is actually better than what we will have in San Antonio today at around 6 PM, lol.  Not much better, but you are a few degrees less than us in both temp and dewpoint.  Enjoy your "cool" weather. Wink

So, Tom, you harvested a good run this morning under the Harvest Moon!

Sarah, I have a race Sunday morning, I HOPE it's in the 50s down here!  Anyway, I will dedicate my Sunday 5K to you.  Don't count on any speed records though, lol.  Good luck with your core work.

Congrats on the miles, Dave.

Yes, I'll be watching, Phil. Hope the Chiefs win...the Redskins are terrible this year and need all the help they can get in their division.  Nice pics, baboon, looking good there!  I hate seeing my running photos, with all my fat and my double chin wobbling, lol.

Training people all day?  I didn't know you were an engineer, Marjorie.  Big grin  Good luck with the training!

I am with you c0derunner, I hate it when I have to get up early a.m. to go run.  I end up enjoying the run, usually, but I just hate getting up early.  Much prefer post-work running.  Thank goodness it is getting cooler now!  Good luck with your run tonite.

You are way to young to have heartburn, Kristin. Wink  Hope you are feeling better now.  Good luck with your miles.

Good luck with the 5 miles, Jimmy.  I'm right there with you, have not run much of anything longer than 3.5 in quite a while. In my case, though, 6 miles is about my max to run without getting myself into some real pain, so I'm about halfway there, lol.

Hope the new shoes arrive quicker than you expect, Andrew!  I was reading RRCA Fall Shoe Review last night and they did a blurb on the new ASICS Nimbus 15.  Nice looking shoe, I might have to get some and add to my collection of Nimbus.  I have 6 pairs of Nimbus in rotation right now.  Gail just rolls her eyes every time a mail-order shoebox shows up on the doorstep, lol.

LRB, that sounds suspiciously like your piriformis is giving you some trouble. If so, it's a pretty easy fix.  Search online for stretches for it and then do them.  If it is the piriformis, you should feel better pretty soon after doing the stretches.  Or you can sit on an icepack and numb your ass up, that'll teach that piriformis to get cheeky on you!  Big grin  Hope you feel better.

Hope your PT is going well, Oski.  Enjoy the photography classes!

Happy miles and core work, outoftheblue. I did some core work last night...I peeled an apple.

Full moon running an earthquake, you sure lead a full running life, Ric!

Good luck with the 8 miles later, B Plus.

Must be nice to have a temp like that, Robert.  Enjoy!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Oski - very cool and that's a nice camera! I'm a few generations behind. I have the Nikon D5000. I really really want the D7100/D7200 but its a bit out of my price range right now.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.