Beginners and Beyond

Favorites of 2017 (Read 47 times)

Coastal

Love this thread.

I didnt buy buy them this year, but my Manzella convertible mittens with magnetic closure remain my favorite for winter running. They’re great from about 20°F - -10°F (usually the coldest air temp I will run in).

I have a pair of lightweight Manzella gloves that are awesome.  The are getting pretty old and the seams have been sewn up five or six times and the touch screen sensors have come off but they work great for running in rain and wind.  Picked them up at REI in exchange for some smart wool gloves I'd purchased on sale that came apart after just a few weeks.  I have big hands and most gloves are too snug and cold.  These fit well.  Not really a 2017 favorite, however, they are an all time favorite (so far).

Fun thread.  I don't race much, but I did 3 this year - a 10-miler and 2 halfs - and really liked them all.  I think my favorite was the half I did at the beginning of December.  It was my first solo race, out of town, nice hotel, great town, perfect weather, and awesome to have a little time with no one but myself.  Gear-wise, I'm really digging my Ghost 10's, although at first I wasn't sure.  I love how roomy the toe box is, and my feet seem to tolerate them, and my feet can be quite picky.  My running highlight of the year was my 1st, and only to date, 100-mile month in August.

Happy New Year, everyone!  Health and happiness to you all!

onemile

Athleta Polartec tights. I just went and bought another pair today. They are AMAZING. I ran 7 miles in 2 degrees with only these tights on bottom and I wasn't cold.  And then I changed into my other pair for a dog walk in 4 degrees and my legs were not cold.