Beginners and Beyond

Recovery Beer for all from those crazy Canadians... (Read 50 times)

Rungry!

Jen

happylily

Why not just a glass of chocolate milk first, and an hour later, a real beer? I think I'll pass on this product, even if I'm a crazy Canadian.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

#artbydmcbride

Speaking of crazy Canadians!  Happy Birthday, Toronto!

Runners run

Docket_Rocket

Beer during marathons is as not as crazy as it sounds either....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I drink a beer after any run of more than two hours.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

LRB

Beer during marathons is as not as crazy as it sounds either....

Word.

Regarding the article, I do not think anyone who takes their fitness serious that would drink a beer of any kind as a post workout recovery drink.

The manufacturers would be better served just making it a regular beer with the name Lean Machine, and using a bunch of fit people in the ads.

There is a segment of the population who wants to work out but cannot find the time that would be drinking that shit like it's going out of style!

Docket_Rocket

LRB, my running group often share a beer after LR Saturdays and it's 9:30am, so yes, it's a recovery drink.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Yes, for a billion years I drank beer after playing softball.  But not as a recovery drink, we did it was because we liked to drink, and any reason was a good reason to drink beer.

My running club has pub runs every Thursday night and they all go drinking afterwards, but they are drinking to get buzzed and have a good time.

Anyway, my point was that not many would seriously consider beer a recovery drink and use it at such...unless someone seriously considers beer a recovery drink and uses it as such.  lol

Docket_Rocket

That's what I'm saying.  My running group seriously considers beer a recovery drink and most of my group are serious AG winners here.  Of course they also drink water after the runs, but beer IS our recovery drink.  We actually had one on Tuesday after our run.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Hey if works fill it to the brim! 

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Word.

Regarding the article, I do not think anyone who takes their fitness serious that would drink a beer of any kind as a post workout recovery drink.

The manufacturers would be better served just making it a regular beer with the name Lean Machine, and using a bunch of fit people in the ads.

There is a segment of the population who wants to work out but cannot find the time that would be drinking that shit like it's going out of style!

You *do* know Brad's gonna come in here & verbally kick yer ass for such blaspheme, right?    

Randy

LRB

You *do* know Brad's gonna come in here & verbally kick yer ass for such blaspheme, right?    

When they concoct a brew that has a 4:1 carb to protein ratio and do something with the alcohol content, yeah, maybe.

Otherwise, we would have a nation of millions showing up to work every morning after their workouts floating.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Otherwise, we would have a nation of millions showing up to work every morning after their workouts floating.

Now THAT's what I'm talkin about!!

Of course, judging by some work performances I experience daily, I might suspect that's already the case......LMAO!! 

Randy