Beginners and Beyond

WedNESDAILIES (Read 34 times)

From the Internet.

Doubled today - super easy 20 min around noon, club track workout PM. 1600-800-1600-800 with option for an extra 1600 at the end. 6:33-3:11-6:30-3:07 and said thanks but no thanks to the extra rep - was way hot and I'll be over 60 miles this week for the first time in a while, I'll add the workout volume next week.

From the Internet.

ROS I agree that it's probably best to just stick with the plan this close to the race and discuss bumping up volume for next cycle or finding another coach after that. I think getting up to 50-55 mpw would pay big dividends, but having more time to spend there is key.

GinnyinPA

7.4 miles with 6 x 1/2 mile at 5k.

From the Internet.

OH HEY and it's my birthday! 33 - double digits (uh, still). For my gift to myself, I spent an ungodly amount of money on my child (club soccer registration fees for the 2019-2020 season).

GinnyinPA

Happy Birthday Lauren!

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Lauren!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Actually you do. You do whatever your coach wants you to do

Not really, my coach wants me to just sleep in every day.

Dave

RunningOnSand

ROS I agree that it's probably best to just stick with the plan this close to the race and discuss bumping up volume for next cycle or finding another coach after that. I think getting up to 50-55 mpw would pay big dividends, but having more time to spend there is key.

As always, the groupthink in this forum is pretty incredible. I'll email him and ask him what's up. Although, tbh, I'm kind of feeling done with marathon training. Aside from Nov of 2018 (when I took the month off from workouts (aside from racing IMM), I've been training pretty consistently, and pretty hard, for 2 years. I guess there's been a week off here and there, too, but for the most part it's been pretty intense. Maybe I'd feel better with just doing easy runs with higher mileage. Who knows.

I forgot who was watching for the release, but the Vaporfly Next% was just released, FYI.

Challenge accepted. 

Or you can go with Marathon Tours.  Its packages range from about $1600 - $2300 for 3 or 4 nights, airfare not included, but guaranteed entry is.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I set my alarm for getting up early this morning to run, but I guess I slept right through it? I honestly had no idea and woke up at 8 feeling very confused. I still haven't run yet, and am nursing a headache and sore throat. I took some Motrin and will hopefully be able to run tonight.

I assume this was supposed to go in today's thread?

Dave

RunningOnSand

I assume this was supposed to go in today's thread?

Oops, yes. I'll cut & paste. Thx.