Beginners and Beyond

A good SaturDAILIES starts with a good coffee (Read 34 times)

Zelanie

Well today I took my first DNS ever. Thanks to the gold star, I know it was the right decision. Still haven't run farther than 6 in forever, but the leg feels good and hopefully I am building consistency.

It's almost 100 degrees out here, and I had to work this morning since I wasn't racing. I woke up early enough to run 2 before work, then finished up with 4.5 in my garage this afternoon. It was still hot, but not the inferno that it was outside.

I've been off of caffeinated beverages for a year now. It turns out that I missed the coffee itself more than the caffeine, so I have my daily cup of decaf which seems to satisfy the craving.

workinprogress11

12 progressive: 2 @9:00, 4 @8:15, 3 @7:45, 2 @7:20, 1 @7:08.

It was hard.

Yowza. That sounds tough.

I did did a Relay for Life walk around a track thing today so I ran the 3 miles there, walked 3 miles and ran the 3 miles back.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Saw the official results of last night's race, we finished under an hour. I finished 59:50 and Dorian finished 59:53, and we were in fact last. Not sure who that couple was behind us, but I thought they were part of it.....

It doesn't matter though, at this point until Dorian begins to understand the competitive side of it and also gets more comfortable, I am perfectly okay with finishing at the very back of the pack with him.

Hopefully there will be more trail races this summer, more in daylight preferably.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

Saw the official results of last night's race, we finished under an hour. I finished 59:50 and Dorian finished 59:53, and we were in fact last. Not sure who that couple was behind us, but I thought they were part of it.....

It doesn't matter though, at this point until Dorian begins to understand the competitive side of it and also gets more comfortable, I am perfectly okay with finishing at the very back of the pack with him.

Hopefully there will be more trail races this summer, more in daylight preferably.....

Many high fives to Dorian.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

I did did a Relay for Life walk around a track thing today so I ran the 3 miles there, walked 3 miles and ran the 3 miles back.

I ran past a big setup in a park today that I couldn't figure out what it was. Now I realize it was one of those. How does it work?

Dave

I've been off of caffeinated beverages for a year now. It turns out that I missed the coffee itself more than the caffeine, so I have my daily cup of decaf which seems to satisfy the craving.

Dave

workinprogress11

I ran past a big setup in a park today that I couldn't figure out what it was. Now I realize it was one of those. How does it work?

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure because it was DH's company who had a tent there and asked for volunteers to walk and work the tent. They are a medical supply company. I think otherwise people try to get donations for hours walked but I couldn't swear to that.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Dorian!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, there were points I had to turn off both headlamp and flashlight because he would stop and play with plants.....   

I've got us registered for a 4 race series. The Friday Night Fever Trail Race Series, all of them are 5k's but it shoes they start at 6 PM so the ones in July, August, and September will be in daylight, not sure about October's......

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Dave, if it was that or nothing at all?

Dave, if it was that or nothing at all?

For me, it'd be nothing. I haven't actually tried decaf in a long time, but I never found any I liked. If it tasted the same, I'd be OK with it. .

Dave