Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins are scrambling!! (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

At least I'm going crazy.  I have four samples to run and analyze today and tomorrow.  I have a set of grant proposals I have to turn in to my chair hopefully today, and to the college tomorrow.  And suddenly I have to organize dinner in Winston-Salem on Saturday because the chick who volunteered just made us a reservation at the hotel restaurant.  Eew, no.  So yeah, going completely crazy.  EEK!!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 miles.

Hope, hope you get a break from that hectic day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Still resting my adductor muscle pull I got from last Saturday's 5K.  It feels much better though, might try an easy and short run tomorrow.

And a nasty bruise appeared on my inner thigh yesterday where the pull is. It looks worse than it is...actually does not hurt or anything.  Maybe the bruise is helping 'seep out' my injury, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Scotty - that's a nasty bruise.  Are you icing your leg?

HopesMom - busy week for you.  Good luck getting it all together.

Damaris - have fun with your Pilates and seven this evening.

Another windy day here, but by the time the Beer Runners meet at six, it should be a lot calmer.  In any case, they're running in town, so the houses should provide some wind breaks.  Walking Ben this morning was freezing.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, the grant proposals are done, barring my department chair making major changes.  We have a potential restaurant for dinner on Saturday, and my samples are ongoing.  I think I'm actually going to be able to take a walk, once I finish my hot tea!

Zelanie

Hotel restaurants = blah food for $$$

Scotty,  that looks nasty! Glad you're resting it.

I got my 90 minute aqua jog in. Managed to be up and in the water by 5:40.