Beginners and Beyond

2 for Tuesday Penguins Devils Food Cake day (Read 21 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Guess that comes in handy sometimes!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

on my way to badass

Yes, and upper endoscopy.  Tubes everywhere.  The good news is they didn't find anything other than maybe some food allergy signs?  And I'm supposed to try to quit caffeine.  That will be really tough for me.

One of my worst fears (other than important stuff) is being told I have to give up coffee for my health.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

One of my worst fears (other than important stuff) is being told I have to give up coffee for my health.

This may not end well.

I did set off the low heart rate alarms on the machines.

tracilynn

I rather die than give up coffee 

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

No, seriously. Doesn't caffeine go into the bloodstream after you drink it? I wouldn't think it would be in the bowels long enough to cause issues?? But I'm no doctor.

~~~~~~~

Traci

LRB

No, seriously. Doesn't caffeine go into the bloodstream after you drink it? I wouldn't think it would be in the bowels long enough to cause issues?? But I'm no doctor.

For reasons unknown, some people have issues with certain types/brands of coffee. Sometimes it is the dairy sugar combination and sometimes it is the coffee itself.

Folgers makes a line of coffee that is gentler on the stomach for those who have issues with harsh coffee. I drank it a million years ago while searching for my coffee and it is indeed pretty smooth.

Docket_Rocket

Caffeine is horrible on the stomach.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmm Angel Good Cake. Mmm Coffee. I'm a fan of McCafe's Breakfast blend - on the light side. Wish it wasn't so late or I'd go for a cup.

Let's all meet for cake and coffee...or donuts. I've been on a mission lately and making homemade donuts. Still searching for a good recipe. Came this close to ditching responsibilities and trying a new batch. Maybe this weekend. Come on over!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

GinnyinPA

Or coffee cake.  I love coffee cake with a cinnamon crumble topping!

In France we sometimes drank a chicory coffee mix.  It was supposed to be gentler on the stomach.  I agree, I couldn't give up coffee entirely.  On the trail I'll usually only have one cup of coffee in the morning, but unless there's a fire ban, I always have that one cup.  At home it's more like three or four.