Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - the 29th (Read 33 times)

It's actually smart. Whether intentional or unintentional, keeping your weight in check is the best thing you can do for your running while not running.

Yeah I've been sort of afraid to get on the scale, but when I have, I've generally been surprised things haven't totally blown up. Sometimes the body's self-regulating system actually works as intended.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I just saw a Facebook post for the Ellicott City 5 and 10k (yes, that Ellicott City) in about 2 weeks. No mention if the course or roads leading to it are actually passable. 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Excuse me while I continue to laugh manically to myself about the "saddlebags" Ace Ventura reference. 

LOL!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I just saw a Facebook post for the Ellicott City 5 and 10k (yes, that Ellicott City) in about 2 weeks. No mention if the course or roads leading to it are actually passable. 

Yikes, I saw some photos of the aftermath.  Hope all is ok for you.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yikes, I saw some photos of the aftermath.  Hope all is ok for you.

Yea, I live about 30 minutes northeast from there. My area had flooding & lack of common sense problems. Hour 4 of heavy rain & thunderstorms is not the time to hike to a swimming hole. Also had someone need to be rescued from a creek that overflowed.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Yeah I've been sort of afraid to get on the scale, but when I have, I've generally been surprised things haven't totally blown up. Sometimes the body's self-regulating system actually works as intended.

If you can say any of that, then you obviously need to up your beer consumption.  And, go to the Dr already.

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

We also hope you make it back home today...

Made it back. I call that a win! I want a beer now, but I don't have any in ihe house. That nullifies my win 

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 5 x 6 minutes at tempo. Not bad considering it was sunny & humid.

Docket_Rocket

Ran 1.86 at OTF and got home to find hubby had just started his run on the TM so I couldn't wait until 9pm to run.  Therefore, I ran in a cool 88F and 76 dewpoint just now.  It wasn't terrible but meh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Coastal

My mountain bike has a rack and a trunk bag on it.  Seemed like a good idea at the time considering I was mostly riding it on the paved roads back then.

3 whole miles on the TM tonight.  Did a good leg and hip workout first and just wasn't feeling it.  Pace was good.  Dad a fan going.  Just wasn't there.