Beginners and Beyond

Good times Friday Penguins!! (Read 11 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

So directing last night was a blast, although according to Fitbit, I picked up 45 minutes of aerobic exercise and about 5k steps.  No wonder my director is such a tiny thing!!  I was completely exhausted when I got home, but it was truly a lot of fun.  I have a lot to learn, though!  Sunday is DH's birthday, so I have to stop by Walmart and get a card to go with his game, plus some wrapping paper, because all we have is wedding paper.  Well, yes, there's love and hearts and all that, but it's just a little weird.  Woo-hoo!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Congrats on directing, HsM!

Streak mile for me. I have more training today and we fly home tonight.

GinnyinPA

HM - I'm glad you had fun last night. Happy Birthday to your husband.

Z - safe travels.  Was it a good conference/training?

Steambath here, with dew points in mid to high 70s.  We got dripped on while walking Ben, but the rain was really light. I ended up with 8 on the TM yesterday so today may end up as a rest day. We are meeting family for lunch tomorrow though, so it may be better to do the rest tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  RD for me.

HopesMom, who knew directing would be such an exercise!  Great job.

Z, nice job on the mile. Safe travels.

Ginny, nice 8.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Ginny, hope the weather cooperates with you getting your run in. Thanks again for the route suggestion yesterday.

It has been a really good training, which is a relief considering that it was 5 full days. The issue is with how district policies may make it impossible to implement and some of the interpersonal stuff is incredibly frustrating.

GinnyinPA

Z - I'm glad you had a good training. I hope you will be able to use what you learned.  The run I suggested through GG was one of my favorite Sunday afternoon walks when I lived there. I never drove and rarely took the bus, except to hike in Marin, so I learned a lot of good walks.

I ended up with 5 on the TM. My breathing is being difficult, so I cut it short. I hate that feeling of the weight on my chest that makes it hard to get enough air. I'm never sure whether it's mental or physical.