Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILIES Are the One They Call Dr. Feelgood (Read 63 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oski, be happy your bruise doesn't come with a bad ass story, sometimes those can be quite embarrassing...I have several of those stories from my nearly 30 years of running...altho they are probably not 'bad-ass'...more like dumb-ass....in these cases, me being the dumb-ass, lol.

Wow, 40s, LRB, Spring weather for you!

Enjoy the SRD, April!

Happy 4 easy, Z!

Congrats on your miles, Luke, sorry about the sore foot.

Happy SRD, Robert!

Sorry about your headache, Damaris. Yeah, Gail was doing that too, grinding her teeth over several years...ended up getting lots of orthodontist work, not fun. She got a mouthpiece she wears at night now.  Check with your dentist,  the mouth-guard thingy might work for you too...and save you many future orthodontist bucks.

Way to go on the 6, Ric!

Hope you feel better, Dave!  Yeah, don't pass out on the treadmill..you might end up on youtube....

Nice run for you, Tom!

Happy new microwave, Marjorie!  What will the first meal in it be?

10 miles done, nice, Step!

whichever you decide,FreeSoul....enjoy!

9 holes of golf in the snow, So I'm A Runner?  Now that is dedicated golfing!  Good luck getting your 100 mile week in!

Dang, Beth, that is a lot on your plate!  I hope it all works out for you, and all positively.  What a beautiful dog.  Hope you get good news on him!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Gymming complete.  Shoulders workout, 30 minutes on the recumbent bike, some PT.

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Beth, I'm sorry about Buster. I hope you figure out what's wrong and it's treatable. Thinking good thoughts for you.

Docket_Rocket

Poor baby.

As to not adopting another one, after Lily's passing, we surprised ourselves by taking another kitty in 2 days after she died.  If it helps, think of it as preferring my heart to be broken several times but giving these babies a chance for a new life.  Hugs.

Thanks Marjorie.  We adopted him a year ago at age 8. We lost our beloved 12 yr old border collie

to heart failure in 2010, he died in my arms.  Our Irish Setter died at age 8 after going blind at age 3.

I didn't think I would every get another dog after that heartbreak but Buster needed a good home and he

already knew us. My hubby warned me that my heart would get broken again soon with an older dog and

it will but it is worth it to be this special guys pet parents.

He is every bit as sweet and gentle as he looks. After 45 minutes of the Vet poking, prodding and drawing

blood 3 times he just sat there, shakingand  looking sad.Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks Marjorie.  We adopted him a year ago at age 8. We lost our beloved 12 yr old border collie

to heart failure in 2010, he died in my arms.  Our Irish Setter died at age 8 after going blind at age 3.

I didn't think I would every get another dog after that heartbreak but Buster needed a good home and he

already knew us. My hubby warned me that my heart would get broken again soon with an older dog and

it will but it is worth it to be this special guys pet parents.

He is every bit as sweet and gentle as he looks. After 45 minutes of the Vet poking, prodding and drawing

I know it just breaks your heart.  Pets are so very special though.  I know I didn't think we would get another dog for awhile after our last two Bassets died but 3 months after Tils dies we adopted these two from the Basset rescue and we do not regret it at all

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

I have my retainers.  I can start using them again (they are like nightguards).  Bah.

Oski, be happy your bruise doesn't come with a bad ass story, sometimes those can be quite embarrassing...I have several of those stories from my nearly 30 years of running...altho they are probably not 'bad-ass'...more like dumb-ass....in these cases, me being the dumb-ass, lol.

Wow, 40s, LRB, Spring weather for you!

Enjoy the SRD, April!

Happy 4 easy, Z!

Congrats on your miles, Luke, sorry about the sore foot.

Happy SRD, Robert!

Sorry about your headache, Damaris. Yeah, Gail was doing that too, grinding her teeth over several years...ended up getting lots of orthodontist work, not fun. She got a mouthpiece she wears at night now.  Check with your dentist,  the mouth-guard thingy might work for you too...and save you many future orthodontist bucks.

Way to go on the 6, Ric!

Hope you feel better, Dave!  Yeah, don't pass out on the treadmill..you might end up on youtube....

Nice run for you, Tom!

Happy new microwave, Marjorie!  What will the first meal in it be?

10 miles done, nice, Step!

whichever you decide,FreeSoul....enjoy!

9 holes of golf in the snow, So I'm A Runner?  Now that is dedicated golfing!  Good luck getting your 100 mile week in!

Dang, Beth, that is a lot on your plate!  I hope it all works out for you, and all positively.  What a beautiful dog.  Hope you get good news on him!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.  Sammy lost 1/2 pound since 2/14

and a pound this year (since April).  They are not concerned but since Lily lost weight and then died without cause, I am worried. :-(

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Finally in after a long day.  Watching my first game of the year (albeit taped delayed) and loving the sound of baseball.

Now all I need to do is see a robin!

Hip Redux

I have PLENTY of dumb ass bruises LOL

Buster is beautiful!  I have also adopted old/older dogs - there is nothing greater than giving an old dog a home!  I will always have a senior around.  They're just the sweetest things ever.

BruceD555

Just B.S.- Oh poor guy. I'm hoping that the vet can diagnose what's ailing Buster and get him on the road to recovery soon. We have a black lab who turns 11 in a few days and though he's still healthy and reasonably active, his graying muzzle and more frequent naps by the fire saddens me a bit.

I finished my uneventful 5 mile easy recovery run on the TM at work but it took everything I had in me to resist the urge to crank up the speed @ the 3 mile mark to just be done.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Feel better.  Hope it didn't travel to your chest (you know what I mean).

Thanks, but actually it did...I have been dealing with intermittent shortness of breath. Albuterol has not been particularly effective, it just kind of comes & goes at random. Definitely puts a crimp in the training plan (if I actually had one).

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

8 miles @ 8:02/mile done, nice easy run to start my taper.

Beth, sorry to hear about Buster, hope the vet can help.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

StepbyStep-SH

Finally in after a long day.  Watching my first game of the year (albeit taped delayed) and loving the sound of baseball.

Now all I need to do is see a robin!

There were about 10 robins in my tree earlier today. They may not be happy if we get the 10+ inches of snow the forecasters are predicting in the next 36 hours.

Beth - I hope the vets can figure out the problem and help Buster - he looks like such as sweet guy.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Rick, I hope that you've been staying warm on this RD.

flarunner, bravo running five in the AM. I'd bet that your definition of frigid differs from mine.

Scott, enjoy your workout.

DaveP MI, a speedy and complete recovery to you.

kristin10185, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

SUSchnauzer, enjoy your well-earned SRD.

AmiK, I hope that your tummy has ceased causing you trouble.

Phil, I'm glad that your dog is home and that you're vigorously exercising again. Great workout today.

(((Kay)))

jedigunne26.2, great run this morning. Good luck on Saturday!

DCDan78, enjoy whatever you do.

BruceD555, have a pleasant easy run.

scottydawg, that picture of kitty made me giggleSmile

Shari, terrific ten-miler.

Oski, I hope that your IT band feels better soon.

Damaris, have a great SRD. May yor headache be gone already.

AprilRunner, enjoy your SRD.

Zelanie, have a fabulous four-miler.

Luke, may your healing continue.

Dave, nice, easy eight-miler.

Robert, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Ric-G, sweet six.

Tom, nice run, nice pace.

MarjorieAnn3137, excellent 10.3.

FreeSoul87, have fun with whatever you do.

SIAR, sweet recovery run.

(((Beth))) I hope that your aunt health has improved and and that your dog is doing better.

I'm back in Boston. I want a nice, hot shower.

Beth - hope things get better for you soon, what a difficult few days.

SRD and early to bed for me.