Beginners and Beyond

Anybody use one of these foot massage thingies? (Read 104 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The Moji360 Foot Massager or something like it, has anybody used one before and does it work really well?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Walk-Jogger

I haven't used one, but they do look like they would work. I keep a golf ball and a tennis ball in my desk here at work to massage my feet when they're sore, like my right heel is at this very moment.

Retired &  Loving It

happylily

Looks like something I could use for my PF.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

A golf ball or lacrosse ball is cheaper.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I have these things that I think are called "dryer balls" - you put them in the clothes dryer for some reason. Anyway, they are the size of a tennis ball with little 1/4 inch spikes all over it. It is made of a hard plastic and the spikes are rounded. I feel that the spikes give it some traction so you can roll your foot over it with out it slipping or sliding around.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I use the dryer balls too.  One under each foot and shuffle your feet in opposite directions.

Also got a Foot Log, but I think it is worthless.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Also got a Foot Long, but I think it is $5.

FYP.

Sorry I initially read this as "Foot Long" and instantly thought:

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've tried having balls like golf balls and tennis balls.......... and they just disappear, not sure if it is Rocky or Dorian who is taking off with them Sad

I do have a weird looking rolling stick with 3 spiking balls on it. Dorian likes to play with that too.

A golf ball or lacrosse ball is cheaper.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

FYP.

Sorry I initially read this as "Foot Long" and instantly thought:

You could try massaging your feet with the Foot Long.  Might work better than the Foot Log.  And....you can  have a big post run snack.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I.... don't know if I would want to eat something after massaging my feet with it.

PRs

TheUnforgivable

The Moji360 foot massager is fine brand but some of their products apply high amount of pressure and therefore the massage can become more painful then relaxing. On the other side they are really cheap and easy to find in any shop.

As some else already said I would rather go with the Homedics FMS-270H Foot massager which offers more functions better massage and heat option(more value) for less money.

Another great option is the Brookstone Shiatsu Foot Massager. It offers great value for the money and is easy to find on Amazon with free shipping and warranty.