Beginners and Beyond

Its almost Friday Penguins! (Read 21 times)

Dad on the run.

Scotty those are great! I dunno why but I always get a good laugh out of a corny joke.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

JBJ: Have fun on the miles with your friend.

Docket: Jeesh, I wish I could work from home!

Bin: Does mum have a headband? Wink

HsM: Swimming is not resting!

T-rod: Are you back to running or still walking?

Zel: Mmmmmmm... if we pass through on our way to Seattle, perhaps you could spare a dozen or three?

Scotty: An 80 degree rain sounds kind of nice! At least you won't freeze.

Kristin: Check that hijacked thread; you have a few responses on it for your 10k.

As for me, I will run five or six later tonight with some fartleks mixed in. I am starting to do some speed work for my 10k. Also, we have some relatives coming tonight from Germany. They are staying with my parents (around the corner) but we will be busy with them for the next two weeks. They are on holiday and want to do all the "California" stuff. I have been over there a few times so I know them well.

Bin Running

D, don't let the boss take away that privilege.

Mel, nice pic! Cracked me up.

Scotty, between off work and not appearing at mum's place too late. Only had 1:45 or so to run and clean up. So, only managed to squeeze in 9.

Jack, mum has yet to earn her headband. haa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Hi Pens...

T-rod: Are you back to running or still walking?

As for me, I will run five or six later tonight with some fartleks mixed in. I am starting to do some speed work for my 10k. Also, we have some relatives coming tonight from Germany. They are staying with my parents (around the corner) but we will be busy with them for the next two weeks. They are on holiday and want to do all the "California" stuff. I have been over there a few times so I know them well.

I planned to walk all this week and then start running again next monday.

What is california stuff? sight seeing and beaches???

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

D, don't let the boss take away that privilege.

Mel, nice pic! Cracked me up.

Scotty, between off work and not appearing at mum's place too late. Only had 1:45 or so to run and clean up. So, only managed to squeeze in 9.

Jack, mum has yet to earn her headband. haa

"Only" 9 miles in 1:45.   I could get only about 6 miles done in that time, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

So yeah yesterday I went to the Y to do some swimming. I'm taking it up as cross training and to try to survive a sprint triathlon I foolishly committed to in July. I figured my cardio is in decent shape, if I can run 6 or 7 miles  i should be able to swim at an easy pace for quite a few laps, amirite? HAHAHAHA, no. I am so bad at swimming. So. Bad. I'll be doing whatever the equivalent of couch to 5K is for swimming. Going 30 seconds or a minute at a time and building up. Dead

Sorry this is all NRR...as for running I'll try to get 3 or 4 in after work, weather is beautiful this week. 70's with low humidity. Gotta enjoy it while I can before the Alabama Humidity Hammer comes crashing down and doesn't let up until October

So yeah yesterday I went to the Y to do some swimming. I'm taking it up as cross training and to try to survive a sprint triathlon I foolishly committed to in July. I figured my cardio is in decent shape, if I can run 6 or 7 miles  i should be able to swim at an easy pace for quite a few laps, amirite? HAHAHAHA, no. I am so bad at swimming. So. Bad. I'll be doing whatever the equivalent of couch to 5K is for swimming. Going 30 seconds or a minute at a time and building up. Dead

Sorry this is all NRR...as for running I'll try to get 3 or 4 in after work, weather is beautiful this week. 70's with low humidity. Gotta enjoy it while I can before the Alabama Humidity Hammer comes crashing down and doesn't let up until October

a sprint sounds fun, but i am sure it isnt easy. What are the distances?

I need to start to get back in the pool. I guess I need a friend with a pool as I dont want to pay to go as running is free except for the shoes that I kill Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

a sprint sounds fun, but i am sure it isnt easy. What are the distances?

I need to start to get back in the pool. I guess I need a friend with a pool as I dont want to pay to go as running is free except for the shoes that I kill Smile

It's a 400m swim, 10 mile bike and 5K run. That is even a little less than normal sprint distance, this is really a beginner's triathlon. The bike and run I'm not worried about, as long as I can get through the swim without being totally spent. 400m isn't much, I'm sure plenty of people can swim that no problem without training for it. I am not one of those people Smile

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I planned to walk all this week and then start running again next monday.

What is california stuff? sight seeing and beaches???

That is what they call it. Two of them, my dad's cousin her husband, have been here before. Grandma has never set foot out of her village, let alone go on an airplane before. They want to go to the beach, Universal Studios, Disneyland, shopping, drive around Beverly Hills and Hollywood, go to DD's swim meet, and my parents have a mountain cabin in Big Bear so they will spend a night there. My dad is retired but one of his clients is a big shot and Warner Bros. so they are going to get a nice tour at the studios.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That is what they call it. Two of them, my dad's cousin her husband, have been here before. Grandma has never set foot out of her village, let alone go on an airplane before. They want to go to the beach, Universal Studios, Disneyland, shopping, drive around Beverly Hills and Hollywood, go to DD's swim meet, and my parents have a mountain cabin in Big Bear so they will spend a night there. My dad is retired but one of his clients is a big shot and Warner Bros. so they are going to get a nice tour at the studios.

What...they're German and they don't want to go see Arnold's house?  Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bin Running

Haa, Scotty. Arnie's Austrian or ?

Jack, if I visit California, Im going to buy that map with all the star address and start ticking them off the list.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

GinnyinPA

Jimmy - I'm that way with golden retrievers.  I want to go over and say hello to every one I see.  Good luck with your run this evening.

Damaris - good job on the double, especially since you are encouraging your husband's running in the process.

Tomas - hope the recovery goes well.  Are you starting to want to run again, or just as happy to be walking?  Does your wife walk or run?

Bin - nice that the rain cooled things off for you.  Nine miles is good for an evening run.  Hope you enjoyed your family time.

HopesMom - I hope you get your swim in today.

Scotty - did you end up doing the zoo run yesterday?  Enjoy your run this afternoon - unless it's storming.  Stay safe.

Zelanie - I love oatmeal cookies, no matter what they look like.  My running store gave me a free sample of RunGuard to try when I mentioned some chaffing I had had on my first hot run.  So far so good.

Jack - have fun entertaining your relatives.  Will you be going to Big Bear too?

SO42 - I used to be a good swimmer, but it's been years since I've done more than dip in a lake or stream.  I'd like to think it's like bicycling, that you never forget how to do it, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to really work at breathing technique.   Enjoy your run this afternoon.

AFM:  If it doesn't rain, we'll go for a short hike this afternoon.  If it does, I'll get on the treadmill and do some recovery miles.

Sloooow.

I had planned on 4 miles, got 3.05 in before the 4 year old came running in saying she had accidentally knocked the 2 year old off the bed. Tomorrow is another day!

Kristin- You're having a bad run of luck illness wise Sad

Dad on the run.

SO42 -  a sprint tri sounds really fun. Have you found any scenic places to go run on the weekend. I'm so bored with our neighborhood or the moody park. Any cool places in trussvegas?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

HsM: Swimming is not resting!

It is the way I do it!  I swim for zen, not for a workout.  Plus I don't put my face in the water.  Although my shoulders were a little sore yesterday ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.