Beginners and Beyond

How to Post a Photo on R.A. (can we sticky this for a bit?) (Read 241 times)

Docket_Rocket

An even easier way to do this is to just open the photo on facebook, then right click on it and "copy URL". Paste that into a new tab just to confirm that you've copied only the link to the photo. 

FYI - you can create facebook albums that only you can see, if you're trying to upload photos that are not already on facebook.

This is what I have been doing.  I'll add these other instructions to the stickied thread.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

This is correct but I'm a little surprised that it works.  I thought that if you set the privacy settings on a picture in FB to "Only Me", that the photo would be hidden, but it turns out that it is only hidden from users on FB.  Just one more reason to distrust Facebook.

The privacy setting only means that other people can't access your photo via facebook... but if someone knows the location online (typically something like https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534607_10100373376673177_1545129793_n.jpg) then the privacy setting means nothing. Although the URLs are pretty long/complicated so I'm not too worried (I also don't post anything online that I would be scared would come back and bite me in the ass).

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Just B.S.

An even easier way to do this is to just open the photo on facebook, then right click on it and "copy URL". Paste that into a new tab just to confirm that you've copied only the link to the photo. 

FYI - you can create facebook albums that only you can see, if you're trying to upload photos that are not already on facebook.

Thanks Adam.

I do mine that way because I don't use F/B and there may be a few others who don't.

Mostly harmless

My place of business blocks tinypic and photobucket, so all the pics that people link to in there don't show up for me.  You would think that would encourage me to stop goofing off on RA and go get some work done. You would be wrong.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

xor

Right clicking on photos in facebook only works if you aren't in the dumbass photo viewer thingy they have (unless they've changed something).  A lot of the times, the photoviewer will give you a non-image url that does not work here.  You have to escape out of it first, via f-something.  I don't remember what because facebook sucks and I gave it the boot in March.

Docket_Rocket

My place of business blocks tinypic and photobucket, so all the pics that people link to in there don't show up for me.  You would think that would encourage me to stop goofing off on RA and go get some work done. You would be wrong.

LOL.  When there is a will....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Right clicking on photos in facebook only works if you aren't in the dumbass photo viewer thingy they have (unless they've changed something).  A lot of the times, the photoviewer will give you a non-image url that does not work here.  You have to escape out of it first, via f-something.  I don't remember what because facebook sucks and I gave it the boot in March.

After the viewer, you can still right click.  If on IE, you go to properties and find the jpg link. If not on IE (Chrome), the right click, open in another tab will give you the link.

Damaris

Fundraising Page