Beginners and Beyond

Snuffly Monday Penguins, blech. (Read 24 times)

Brilliant

Jack, I'm really sorry about the news.  Scary times for your family, I'm sure - I've beat cancer twice so I'm familiar with that.  Praying for you & mom.

Traci, I hope you have a super-fun spring break.

sapf, sorry about the allergy troubles!

Robert, have a good rest day, sorry about your allergies too. Sad

PAD, enjoy the taper...again...

Ginny, I saw your long run yesterday...nice running!  I'm glad you're not too sore today.

Jerry, enjoy the gym.

Zel, good luck with the taxes, still not done with mine.

My 6 went well.  I threw in about 2 and 1/2 at 10k tempo because I have one this Saturday.  (not the greatest planning, I know, but it's a race my whole club does).

Docket_Rocket

Hi Pens.

My running is bad. It seems that this marathon cycle was just not meant to be.  Bad news on my mom. She has lung cancer and is going in this week or next for surgery. The good news is (if there is such a thing when talking about cancer) is that they think they got it early. Full credit to my mom because she has a great attitude and high spirits.  To my FB friends, please don't say anything about it on FB. Here is fine, just not on FB.

See ya.

I am sorry to hear this.  Hugs.

Hi, guys.  I am back from PR.  Took today off, had my one year post-surgery check up, Pilates and 7-8 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

If Mother Jack is anything like lil Jack everything will work out good. 

Yeah, I agree with this.   Best wishes for momma klompus!

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Sorry to hear about your mom Jack.  Hopefully catching it early will be a good thing!.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, will these tests never end?  Had to fast last night, lab first thing this morning and they took 4 vials of blood, sheesh.  That was the last of the tests for now....now I just wait for them all to get done, my doc review them, and get the call about what the heck is going on, e.g., why do I keep getting this stupid chills-and-sweats about every couple months or so...damned annoying.

Rest day for me today, but did have a really nice run/walk at Lackland Air Force Base yesterday.  63 degrees, sunny, sweet weather. 3.8 miles done.  Should be nice this week too, we are hitting the 80s this week.  Which means - dammit - that my lawn will dry off so I will now have to mow it.  I hate yard work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope your cold gets better, HsM.  If not..do they make you the baritone?

Sorry about the allergies, SAPF.  I find some alcohol helps.  It won't cure your allergies, but you won't care.

Hope your 6 went well, Brilliant!  Oh, I'm on page 2 now, I see it did.  Way to go!

Well, Robert, it's time to go to the dentist..when it's tooth-hurty!   Hope you feel better.

Happy Spring Break, Zelanie!

PET worms, Traci?  How do you train those?

Hope your weight training went well, Jerry.  Glad I don't have to worry about what I do with that...my PT has a very specific circuit he has me do when I go; very helpful.

Jack, I am so sorry to get that news about your mother!  Glad she is keeping a positive attitude.  Wishing her all the best!

Wow, 24M, way to go, PAD!  Happy taper time!

Glad your leg is feeling better, Ginny!  Behave yourself, don't push it until it's ready.

Hope your checkup went well, Damaris.  When do you go to Paris?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Take good care of your Mom, Jack.  She obviously has a great support system.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Sure hoping everything turns out well for your mom, Jack K.

As for my toothache, it's actually an ear infection.  Thanks to our local urgent care, I have antibiotics to help nip it in the bud.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Singer who runs a smidge

Survived the day, and actually got quite a bit done.  Hopefully tomorrow will go as well!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Sure hoping everything turns out well for your mom, Jack K.

As for my toothache, it's actually an ear infection.  Thanks to our local urgent care, I have antibiotics to help nip it in the bud.

Ouch.  Feel better!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Survived the day, and actually got quite a bit done.  Hopefully tomorrow will go as well!

Or better!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Zelanie - I've been experimenting with Gus and Gels and Shot Blocs every five or six miles on runs over 11 miles.  My stomach is generally handling them much better than when I first tried them. I've learned to sip slowly and stretch them out as long as possible so I don't get bad cramps.  I don't know that they actually help all that much with energy, because I still seem to wear out at about 15 miles. OTOH, the plan I'm following has me doing a medium long MP run the day before the long run, so I get experience at running on tired legs.  I haven't done a really long run without being at least somewhat tired for a while.  I'm hoping I'll have more energy after a 3 week taper.  I also remember feeling the same way at about mile 9 when I was first training for half marathons, and that got better with time and more miles.  I recently found out that they are going to have a few pacers at the race, for the first time, including one running 4:25, so I may have help starting out at a pace that will keep me from blowing up completely.  My system doesn't much like the concentrated sugar in the Gus, so they do a good job of cleaning out my intestines after the fact, but so far I've been okay while running. The shot blocs seem to digest easier, but they are harder to chew, especially when doing hills. I am paranoid about losing a cap or filling with the chewiness of them.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, you might be wearing out after 15 miles because you might be spacing them out too much. I do 4.5-5 miles and even every 4 miles at the end of a LR.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

I just started taking Gu  for longer runs 12+ and for the first time in my last half and man, the salted caramels are so GOOD. I dunno if they help me or not but it sure is yummy. Ha.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Salted Caramels are my favorite.  Followed by Salted Watermelon.

Damaris

Fundraising Page